8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was talkin to my friend who is getting the Mazda 6. He said he was thinking about installing underbody neons and neons in interior (where ur feet are)

How much would that cost...

Is it possible to do this to an SI? If so whats the average price to look at with installation. Thanks! :party:

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
under seat neons can be done pretty easily. You can even go to like walmart/target/kmart/auto zone whatever and pick up the lights yourself. You might pay like 15 bucks a piece - about 10 inches in length and hook into a cigarette lighter. You'll have to cut the cig lighter adapter off, and hard wire them together - and then to a power source. So you could do it yourself for like 30 bucks probably and some time. Under car - I don't have the slightest clue. I've never priced them.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I prob wont be able to do it myself... neither will he... he said he would prefer to have a switch to turn em on or off... maybe a button =P

How muich would it be to get it done at a shop... does honda do that stuff too?

·
Registered
144 Posts
a friend of mine got the interior ones on the Honda Accord. looks nice but he spent like 150 bux on it.

he got ripped off!

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
if you could post some pics of it I would greatly appreciate it...

I really want to get interior neons... i think in NJ underbody ones are illegal and prob will get stolen lol

Would greatly appreciate it... where did he get it done btw? and how many lights does he have... what sizes

·
Registered
51 Posts
The neons for the underbody are approx. $150 if you get a decent set. I have blue LED underbody kit from StreetGlow, it cost about $150 for the lights and $164 for installation, I know it's expensive, but it's worth it getting done by someone whom knows how to do it because I don't have the slightest clue how to wire electronics. Go with LED, not the NEON because the LED's are a lot brighter, and they are controlled by a computer in the particular StreetGlow kit I got, so they pulse, flash and do a whole bunch of other things. They also have multiple color LED's, you can have them flash differen't colors, and your not stuck with just one color. :thumb:

-CK

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sweet can u show me some pics man???

also... dont u need more that 1 kit? I thoughts its 1 kit per side of the car.... I went to StreetGlow But they blow =P

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i <3 you webby

Btw.... since i most likely am getting blue... what color would be good on the inside?

blue? (due to the color of the car)

or

red? (so the glow under the pedals match the gauges?)

·
Acorns!
17,760 Posts
you are welcome.

this is the only pic I have seen at night inside the car.

Are the other lights red when the headlights are on? It looks like the AC controls etc are lit by green lights? Can someone with the 06 confirm what color it is with the lights on at night or post a pic?

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea the si will have red guages... thats why i ask... the ac lights will be green so that sort of effs stuff up

the regular civics have blue guages so if i were to get a EX i would go blue 100%... but since the SI has red im a little confused

does blue and red go together nicely?

·
Registered
315 Posts
I wish these came out better, but I don't have a tripod on hand. I just tried to hold it as steady as possible for over 10 seconds! It's also throwing some crazy red into the pics, which doesn't show just sitting in the car. I wish it would show more realistic to what it is like inside the car. :(

also my radio is changed from stock, so it glows that same type of blue and red. That's actually why I went with blue.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts