8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my battery died on me because I left the lights on.

After jumping the car, I got an error message and I kept pressing a bunch of numbers without knowing what was going on.

How do i fix this, matter of fact, I still don't know how to get the code either. :[

Need some help on both of these interlinked topics.

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What do you mean by "pressing a bunch of numbers"?

Where is the error code, on the radio? You just need the reset code (it's hidden somewhere in the car) and you can re-enable the radio. Usually it's on a card that they give you when you buy the car.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Now that you have an Error E code you need to disconnect your battery again and touch your positive and negative cables together for 10 seconds and reconnect them to the battery. this time when you turn the key on with the radio off, hold the 1 and 6 buttons and then power on the radio. right down the 8 digits that the radio displays and call Honda or PM me those numbers and I'll give you your radio code. Or if you have your radio card in the glovebox you can just input the 5 digit code.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
5 Participants
jewelb26
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing