8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so something quite weird happened last night. i noticed that when i went about 50mph and above, the entire car started shaking (like the wheels would about to pop off). i pulled over, check the tires, and found no obvious problems. the only things that i could think of was the snow buildup in the wheel wells cuz we just had a huge snowstorm here in denver. i drove to work this morning and there was a lot less shaking (if not gone completely). any inputs/thoughts on what this could have been?

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
I have the same thing after a snowstorm, and it gets really cold. In fact I had it with my Mazdaspeed Protege too. Its not buildup of the wheels because I drive 30 miles to work each day, and it wouldn't last that long. So i think its either some slight buckling in the road due to the temps or the liquid that they spray on the highway after they use salt. No worries:redface:

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
I agree with the snow packed in the wheels. :wavey:

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the only other concern i have is that if its just snow, then wouldnt most of it come off after a bit of shaking? i got up to about 65 mph, which was the speed limit, and the shaking was quite severe. my stomach actually started getting upset because of the shaking. it scared the sh** out of me pretty good, but hopefully it really was just the snow. thanks for the inputs guys, and i'll update if i find out anything.

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
so something quite weird happened last night. i noticed that when i went about 50mph and above, the entire car started shaking (like the wheels would about to pop off). i pulled over, check the tires, and found no obvious problems. the only things that i could think of was the snow buildup in the wheel wells cuz we just had a huge snowstorm here in denver. i drove to work this morning and there was a lot less shaking (if not gone completely). any inputs/thoughts on what this could have been?
I live in nh, happens to me all the time, gonna clean ****...

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
another thought is if you have aftermarket rims and they aren't centered it will cause this too....especially if you don't have centering rings

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks to all for the input. i kicked a bunch of the snow build up off the wheel wells and it made a huge difference. i just cant believe that a lil snow could make my car shake like that. just thankful that it was not a bigger issue. thanks again!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts