8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I have a fiji blue Si. I've been looking for rims for almost a year now and I'm thinking of getting these . They are very expensive though, so I wanted to know if you guys knew if they are good quality? People tell em to get forged, but these aren't forged. For the price though, I don't see why they wouldn't be good quality, but I want to be sure in case. Would I just be better off getting another cheaper enkei rim?

Also, what size fits our cars in the 18 inch? 18x what and what offset? Thx in advance!

Found this chop on the forum :hitit:

·
Registered
134 Posts
These are defiantly fine!! I've been kickin them around for my ex/gg and they are pricey. I've own enk's before and have always had good luck with em, so I'm sure they will be quality made. Which size is killing me guys, 17 or 18, 17 or 18......wtf to do, ya know? 17's are dialed in with stock Si setup, 17x7 45off, should handle like a dream with the right bologna's strapped (proxy 4's look like my choice so far), but the 18's would look ultra-hot with a drop!!!
Well I guess I have all winter to decide (and save) and maybe someone will get them and post some pics to help me decide (wink...wink).:popcorn:
If you haven't drooled there already, go to tire rack and dail up a picture of them on your ride.....17 or 18, someone just make the damn call for me already!!!!!!!!
Later,
mayo.:dancing:

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
they are all going to be fine anyway you cut it. All those offsets and everything are just what they were made in anyways. Knowing Enkei, and their sales staff, they only have one offset in that bolt pattern in stock for FWD cars anyways. Same thing with my RPO3's. I have a 40 in an 18x8 and it is flush oh so pretty, rubbing is not an issue.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Pretty sad. People don't realize they're expensive for their rigidity and durability. Rigidity is just as important for serious tracking as weight is. That is why the wheel is used by RE-Amemiya in the D1 category. But since most here only want to show off their wheels and not actually track them, I suppose most don't care.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Pretty sad. People don't realize they're expensive for their rigidity and durability. Rigidity is just as important for serious tracking as weight is. That is why the wheel is used by RE-Amemiya in the D1 category. But since most here only want to show off their wheels and not actually track them, I suppose most don't care.
Nah they are expensive because they are over priced. Anyone that bought these as civic track wheels better have there head checked. There are a bunch of lighter, just as strong, and cheaper wheels to be had. Heck you can get a forged BBS RG-R for less green. (You know they're overpriced when BBS is less expensive)

With that being said I do like the wheels on looks alone and thought about getting them until I compared my options in the price range.

·
Registered
8,756 Posts
Nah they are expensive because they are over priced. Anyone that bought these as civic track wheels better have there head checked. There are a bunch of lighter, just as strong, and cheaper wheels to be had. Heck you can get a forged BBS RG-R for less green. (You know they're overpriced when BBS is less expensive)
I don't know where you get your prices from--18x8 GTC 01s can be had for $390/ea. RGRs in the same size cost $650/ea. Obviously RG-Rs are better wheels, but they're also much more expensive.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.