8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was driving on the highway and my engine rpm dropped down to 3rpm.....i couldn't go faster then 30mph and the CEL and VSA came on.....i disco the battery and the lights came right back on....is there anything i can check before going to the dealership.....

·
Banned
873 Posts
Yea, i would deff take it to dealer if your under warranty, and deff! NO DOUBT OR QUESTION put stock OF ALL engine parts back on. Honda can turn you away even under warranty if they see non stock parts.

·
Registered
11,635 Posts
this happened to me before, well kinna
i couldnt go over 3,000 rpms in all gears lmfao

its prob jus your MAF, disconnect it blow into both female and male portions and reconnect until you hear the "click" and then try and drive it

and also get some MAF cleaner from an auto parts store if that dont work and if that dont work
go to dealer lol

good luck

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i check the MAF and the connection to the throttle body....and still not running good......when you start it the idle goes up to 2k and never goes down.....when you rev it the idle acts like it wants to go down but goes back up to 2k.....and i also notice when you turn it off the engine idles down ruff

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
Yea, i would deff take it to dealer if your under warranty, and deff! NO DOUBT OR QUESTION put stock OF ALL engine parts back on. Honda can turn you away even under warranty if they see non stock parts.
Not true at all. It must be proven the a specific and/or combination of aftermarket parts caused the given issue. This is like saying they wont warranty the car if it has a generic air filter in it.

·
Registered
102 Posts
i check the MAF and the connection to the throttle body....and still not running good......when you start it the idle goes up to 2k and never goes down.....when you rev it the idle acts like it wants to go down but goes back up to 2k.....and i also notice when you turn it off the engine idles down ruff
dam dude... best of luck. I would buy the stock air box (15$ from honda I think) and a generic air filter just to avoid any issues at honda if for some reason its a large problem and they try to back out of your warenty (consider it a cheap insurance) then have it towed to your dealership for them to look at. It's what I'd do.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
the dealer said it was a throttle body trouble code that put the car in safe mood.......they reset the ECU and the trouble code didnt come back........is this common if you have a CAI?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts