8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
6,717 Posts
LMAO @ Dampener.... Got to hold all that power in place!

·
Registered
190 Posts
come on now the guy just asked a question... no need to make fun of the r18! but no there is not a torque damper for our car

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
okay thanks for those who really answered my question. and its not funny to make fun of r18s. why do they make engine torque damper for si then? whats the big difference. i know that si are more powerful. other than that why do si need it and not r18. and i read some forums that say the dampers really help. on no wheel hops and off the line acceleration.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I'm not making fun, I have an EX. I don't understand why anyone with a stock R18 would need this?

I could see if it were really built up with a turbo or supercharger... but how many of us with the fuel sipping R18 are going to go that route? There isn't enough demand.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
i dont know. but i heard that there are many benefits for having a ETD. just my personally opinion from other peoples experiences

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
^^^ i was just about to post that......and stock numbers..not saying that all hte bolt ons net that much torque but eaily the same amout if not more torque as the Si after bolt ons...i mean its true.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
lol....go be 33 somewhere else..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
hahaa...:laughing: you dont get to me sorry..back to topic

1 - 20 of 65 Posts