8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m a 17 y/o dumbass kid with a 5 speed civic. I may have been showing off and having fun and blown my engine. I have the money to replace it with a stick 1.8L that it originally had. Has anyone had to do this before? Is it going to be fairly easy/simple to do? My friend has a lift and all the tools We need. I’m just waiting to go get the engine and I’m trying to do as much research as possible before I get started.

·
Super Moderator
1,961 Posts
So, it hat it WAS a stick shift originally and then modded to an automatic tranny? Never heard of that. Anyway, from memory of the posts I've read over the years, the ECU is different as is the firewall (probably already modded). Good luck. I'd love to convert my 5speedAuto to a 6speed manual, but I would get crap from my wife.

·
Super Moderator
1,961 Posts
Oh, I feel like a moron. Good luck. Try to get a 2010 block. Supposedly they are cast better (remember the coolant leak due to cracked block) than previous years (2006-2009).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Swap can be done ina few hours and the motor can come out through the top with trans attached. No special tools needed, get an auto 2010 and a new pilot bearing and just slap it back together

·
Registered
5,634 Posts
Had to reread the post but basically your motor blew in a manual 5spd car and you just want to swap engines right? If so then yes just look for a 2010 or newer motor.

I have a 2010 1.8L automatic. thinking of how to swap a newer 1.5L turbo motor :unsure:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts