8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
41 - 60 of 66 Posts
:word:

:hail:
hey hey I said or evo or STI

the evo makes more power! I do own one..so i may be biased but all the subie owners at the local meets know this. (mod per mod the evo is better)

and I do see nice civics, but come on there a **** load of civics out there the size of this forum says it all. An average joe if he noticed your car would just dismiss it quickly...along with most other jap cars

the only real head turners are expensive brands or muscle cars.....but you shouldn't buy a car to turn heads in if you do I think you have bigger problems

hey hey I said or evo or STI

the evo makes more power! I do own one..so i may be biased but all the subie owners at the local meets know this. (mod per mod the evo is better)
I know, but what is it... 5hp stock? And yes, it does respond better mod for mod, but I'm just a die-hard Subie fan and a worshiper of the STi. Plus, it's also said that sti is more comfortable and makes a much better daily driver. I've been following the two for several years.

ROFL this thread is massive fail.

First it is under the dealership experience section.
Second is another R18 owner who wants Si or better level performance.
Third is all the Si owners flipping out because something else is conceivably better than their cars.
Fourth is all the Si owners who think the Si gets R18 level mileage while being a "race car".
Fifth is the fact that like five people have actually bothered answering any of the OP's questions

You just don't get quality of this kind anywhere else.

OP, I'd get a non-Honda just so you don't have to come back here and see the same stuff over and over. I would not spend money on an engine swap. I would trade it or live with what you've got.

@ HIGH SOCIETY - You still didn't answer my question...I didn't ask if it would turn your head..because only diamond studded Bugatti's turn your head. Would the Si in the pick turn the average joe's head. Looking for a yes or no answer.
Who cares what he thinks? All he does is jack threads and compare the si to cars with bigger motors and turbochargers that cost more money. He needs to get a life or join some other forums. He contributes nothing here.

@ HIGH SOCIETY - You still didn't answer my question...I didn't ask if it would turn your head..because only diamond studded Bugatti's turn your head. Would the Si in the pick turn the average joe's head. Looking for a yes or no answer.
No. Is that clearer?

Most people (way more than you'd think) don't know the difference between a Civic SI and a Civic LX. They may have never heard the term "SI" or "Vtec" in their lives.

Then there are those (like myself) that can tell the difference between a SI and LX, but aren't impressed either way.

I'm not trying to be a ****, just being honest. If my head turned every time I saw an 8th Civic, I'd have neck issues. They're one of the most common cars you see around here.

and I do see nice civics, but come on there a **** load of civics out there the size of this forum says it all. An average joe if he noticed your car would just dismiss it quickly...along with most other jap cars
Exactly. There are so many 8th Civics everywhere. There's nothing unique about them. Even modded ones generally have identical mods to the last modded one I saw - red "H" emblems, fart can, stickers, HFP crap, etc.

Who cares what he thinks? All he does is jack threads and compare the si to cars with bigger motors and turbochargers that cost more money. He needs to get a life or join some other forums. He contributes nothing here.
Haha, looks like I have a fan.

The OP wanted a faster car, so why shouldn't I recommend faster cars?

I also answered all of the OP's questions in an earlier post, something you haven't tried to do. You certainly contributed a lot with your comments..

I must have stuck a nerve with this fanboi.

Edit: I want to clarify, I don't think SI's are bad cars at all. I understand the appeal of a high-revving NA 6-speed with good gas mileage. But if a car's performance is an important factor, the SI just falls short of its competition. And it's not because the SI was a dog to begin with. It's because the competition stepped up big-time since the 6th gen SI was introduced in '06.

This statement is true for both SI and non-SI owners alike.
yup op if your going for a fast car in this general price range go sell your civic pick up a used s2k, evo, sti, or buy a project car shell for cheap he|| i bought a 240sx as a project car, do something like that

i hate this douchey comment. the si is a fine performer for the price. the same cannot be said for the base civic. ive driven an ms3, a gti, the new cobalt ss tc... all quicker, but all less exciting to drive. no other cars are in the si's price that match it for fun.
this sounds like hondafanboyatry to me :/

oh yea your car is gonna stand out!
Lulz
naw but op i wouldnt bother with a swap on tis car
itd be cheaper to get an older car and just buy a motor and MAKE yourself a fast car for a fraction of the price
if you know the right people and can do the labor yourself you can build a BEAST for Less than alot of new cars.

and f*ck front wheel drive
go get awd or rwd

Discussion starter · #53 ·
i have a 2007 civic lx and i am having a hard time deciding whether to put the k20 or k24 motor in it. i like the k24 because its a 2.4l over the k20 with a 2.0l but im not sure if the k24 will fit any help?

i have a 2007 civic lx and i am having a hard time deciding whether to put the k20 or k24 motor in it. i like the k24 because its a 2.4l over the k20 with a 2.0l but im not sure if the k24 will fit any help?
If you think the K24 is better than the K20 because of the increased displacement then you've got bigger problems. Read the this thread from start to finish before starting a potential flame war.

The Si is not as quick as a cobalt ss/tc, gti, ms3 through factory but these cars can be very quick with boost. I love the car...yes this is the slowest car I driven, but It's still a blast to drive around corners !! and:vtec: for ***** and giggles

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.