8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to up the HP on my 2006 Civic Si and was wondering if it's possible to swap out the stock engine for a J35 or J37 engine. From what I've read, the J35A3 is supposed to be a good engine but I'm not sure if it would fit in the Si. Anyone know if this is possible? Ideally, I'd like to swap out the engines and then later on mod the engine further to get even more power. Any advice would be welcome.

-Rob

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
which engines are those "J35" "J37" not to familiar with the honda family engine code's expect K,B,H,F,D series so i am assuming this is a accord v6 engine?

·
Registered
13,332 Posts
The J's are the V6's from the accords.

OP I would look into a K20/K24 or Go-Pwr's crate K24. That thing has mad potential.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Aren't those engines equipped with that new ECO-Fuel management systems. where at cruz 2 of the cylinders shutoff to save gas??

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
yes its called "ECM" which stands for Engine cylinder management
1. i have no clue how this engine would in a "FG" but would be cool
2. GOOD luck with engine management!! no offense :)
3. if it were posable which it prob is there would be a ton of fab work and electrail !! lol
4. crazy $$$$$$ spent
5. if someone did it, it would be the most BAD [email protected]# civic around with GREAT TQ!!!

Good luck with it!!! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why do you want an econobox engine in your Si?
I was just looking at the horsepower, since I don't really know what else to look into. The J35 is 290 and is on Ward's Best 10 Engines, according to Wikipedia. What's not to like? Or rather, what makes the stock Si engine better?

Regardless, it looks like this engine would be too big to drop in. But let me know what makes the Si engine better...I don't know enough about this stuff.

Thanks!

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
To get a J series to fit is going to cost WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY more money than the gains are worth. If I had money like that to throw around I'd buy a fully built Go Power K20/24 crate motor.

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
WTF?! wow you are thinkin of a j swap in the civic? i dont think it would fit lol

but hey get a 24 block like everyone else has said above me haha

·
Registered
28,275 Posts
I was just looking at the horsepower, since I don't really know what else to look into. The J35 is 290 and is on Ward's Best 10 Engines, according to Wikipedia. What's not to like? Or rather, what makes the stock Si engine better?

Regardless, it looks like this engine would be too big to drop in. But let me know what makes the Si engine better...I don't know enough about this stuff.

Thanks!
It is sohc vtec, for one. This means limited performance potential.

·
Registered
212 Posts
go f/i. that would be so much more satisfying... or if you really want a engine swap get a frankenstein. thats a bit more reasonable imo. check out the full race turbo kit, its got a whole lot of power potential. plus its cool to say 'my four banger beat your gt.' y'know?

its like a 6-7k endeavor, but i mean, if you're talking about an engine swap i'm sure you're ready for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts