8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently experienced the engine stalling during turning both right and left. It has only occurred three times so far in the past 2 days. The turns it has happened on are low speed (~15 mph) and occurs as I nearly complete the turn. I have not been accelerating during the turn and have been braking moderately. When the engine stalls, the dash remains lit.

The car is a stock 2006 Civic LX AT with 80,000 miles.

Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had this issue as well. I only really get it when I turn right at about 15mph. It seems like the car is being starved of gas or something. It only happens to me every once and a while though. 1/20 turns it will start to stall and the power steering and braking will start to go.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I have had this issue as well. I only really get it when I turn right at about 15mph. It seems like the car is being starved of gas or something. It only happens to me every once and a while though. 1/20 turns it will start to stall and the power steering and braking will start to go.
Go to an auto parts store and use their code reader. I bet a bad Idle Air Control Valve. Simple fix but the code read is a must as it will point you in the right direction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts