8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I just recently installed a new k tuned intake and upper radiator hose. With that also had to replace my coolant. Once I got the car started again after the install and got the coolant bled and filled up my engine continued to overheat still. Main rad fan doesn’t seem to be turning on but AC fan works fine when I turn on AC only. Any ideas how to get the overheating to stop?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sounds like an unrelated problem. Is it actually overheating, ie steaming? Or is it just the sensor telling you this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like an unrelated problem. Is it actually overheating, ie steaming? Or is it just the sensor telling you this?
Not steaming, got it hooked up to an obd reader that’s reading 110 degrees celcius tho. Could easily not actually be a problem it’s just it used to run at between 80-85 degrees so just had me a bit concerned

·
Registered
56 Posts
Maybe you unplugged the coolant temp sensor when you had the front off?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Not steaming, got it hooked up to an obd reader that’s reading 110 degrees celcius tho. Could easily not actually be a problem it’s just it used to run at between 80-85 degrees so just had me a bit concerned
110C is way too high, 85-88 would be the correct range. With a 15 PSI cap and 50/50 mixture the boiling point is around 129C so it won't be steaming.

Maybe you got an air bubble in the system, did you let it reach normal operating temp with the front slightly elevated and the cap off?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey guys so I just recently installed a new k tuned intake and upper radiator hose. With that also had to replace my coolant. Once I got the car started again after the install and got the coolant bled and filled up my engine continued to overheat still. Main rad fan doesn’t seem to be turning on but AC fan works fine when I turn on AC only. Any ideas how to get the overheating to stop?
Hey, I had the same issue last week when I installed my hybrid racing cold air intake. I had the bleed the system and then I tuned my car with hondata just a basic base map

1 - 6 of 6 Posts