8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,
I recently acquired an '08 coupe as a daily. I love the car but noticed from day one it was LOUD from the engine compartment, put it on a lift and checked exhaust out and all was well. I live in Central California so not a spot of rust anywhere. Well, I did a little research and saw that engine mounts tend to go bad, especially the passenger side hydraulic style mount. Walked outside, looked at mine and sure enough it's collapsed. So, I begin looking into quality parts to replace it with and it seems that you either go OEM honda which is like $230+, or hasport, or possibly some other "performance" aftermarket. To reiterate, this car is a daily, I have no intentions of doing anything but driving it from point A to point B, so I do not care about performance in the sense of reducing wheel hop, blah blah blah, I care about low noise levels and the least amount of vibration and something that will last another 160k. Hasports mount and bracket is $200+shipping and some research has yielded that after a week or two the rubber breaks in and it isn't really different than stock. I notice sites like rockauto will sell the bracket that has the rubber molded onto it for about half as much as they are asking for the rubber and the top bracket together. My question is, does honda sell that piece by itself? If so does anyone have the part number? $230+ for the part is a hard pill to swallow but I will if thats the only quality option. Thanks.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good Morning,
I recently acquired an '08 coupe as a daily. I love the car but noticed from day one it was LOUD from the engine compartment, put it on a lift and checked exhaust out and all was well. I live in Central California so not a spot of rust anywhere. Well, I did a little research and saw that engine mounts tend to go bad, especially the passenger side hydraulic style mount. Walked outside, looked at mine and sure enough it's collapsed. So, I begin looking into quality parts to replace it with and it seems that you either go OEM honda which is like $230+, or hasport, or possibly some other "performance" aftermarket. To reiterate, this car is a daily, I have no intentions of doing anything but driving it from point A to point B, so I do not care about performance in the sense of reducing wheel hop, blah blah blah, I care about low noise levels and the least amount of vibration and something that will last another 160k. Hasports mount and bracket is $200+shipping and some research has yielded that after a week or two the rubber breaks in and it isn't really different than stock. I notice sites like rockauto will sell the bracket that has the rubber molded onto it for about half as much as they are asking for the rubber and the top bracket together. My question is, does honda sell that piece by itself? If so does anyone have the part number? $230+ for the part is a hard pill to swallow but I will if thats the only quality option. Thanks.
From what your telling me I would definitely go oem in this case as far as noise and longevity. Ill try to find the part online for you and link it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Good Morning,
Is this the mount you are referring to? If so I would still go oem in this case.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I replaced that mount in my '08 EX coupe with a cheap Chinese mount three or four years ago. It's still going strong. I think the part cost me about $60. I didn't get it through Rock Auto, but it could be the same manufacturer for all I know. It came with the aluminum bracket, but I threw that away and used the original one.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I replaced that mount in my '08 EX coupe with a cheap Chinese mount three or four years ago. It's still going strong. I think the part cost me about $60. I didn't get it through Rock Auto, but it could be the same manufacturer for all I know. It came with the aluminum bracket, but I threw that away and used the original one.
Interesting

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is this the mount you are referring to? If so I would still go oem in this case.
I don't see anything linked. But, I ended up getting a 50820-SNA-P01 genuine honda part for a large discount on Amazon. The part has yet to arrive so we will see when it gets here.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I don't see anything linked. But, I ended up getting a 50820-SNA-P01 genuine honda part for a large discount on Amazon. The part has yet to arrive so we will see when it gets here.
Oh my bad I never linked it. I believe that's the one I linked, good to hear you got a discount as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
For anything that is mount related (engine,tranny, stabilizer links, etc...) always go with OEM.
The OE or other brand will never last as long as OEM.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sounds like your best bet would be to go with OEM part over after market. You dont want to ever cheap out on this type of part the ebay brands and other after market brands aren't trust worthy and in the end you'll end up paying double because what ever after market part you throw at it might not be as good as OEM would be.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts