8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
nosa, check the oil, if its low on oil you may here a slight ticking. Or else its just the brand new belts and what not breaking themselves in..

·
Registered
1,845 Posts
I don't remember exactly what causes it, but someone posted about this in the R18 threads and apparently it's normal...so it could be normal for the Si's too. My R18 has been doing it since I bought it new a couple months ago.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I believe this is the elusive "honda tick". A friend told me about that...don't hold me accountable about this, but I'm just saying...that's what I've heard.

and yes...my Si makes a ticking sound too. :)

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
Yeah mine makes tickin too. Its definitly coming from the injectors. I wonder when i step up to the RDX injectors I will hear it still. I hate that sound, makes my car sound shi*y. Its been more pronounced it seems like ever since I have full bolt on car now. Anyone with upsize injectors chime in to see if it helps? I know i need to switch to them as im running 86%duty cycle.

·
Premium Member
2,947 Posts
I cant see or hear that now as im at work and its restricted to a certain degree. But from day one injectors were noisy and honda valvetrains in general arent the quietest.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts