8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys! I've been experiencing some issues with my 2008 Civic FD2R recently. When my thermostat and fan kicks in, the engine idle feel rough between 1000 to 1500 RPM. The idle doesnt jump at all. Anyone has any advice for me? Thanks a million!

·
Registered
65 Posts
You can attempt to reset the idle, I believe sometimes you need to reset the tps (throttle position sensor) if you cleaned your throttle body recently. If the throttle body is just gunked up it could also lead to poor idle, so could valves that need lashed or other things like vacuum leaks. Try resetting the idle, a quick google search should explain how but I believe it is start the car cold, hold rpms at 3k either for 3-5 minutes or until the engine gets to temp (the fans kick on)

·
Registered
79 Posts
hey second to this. I once clean my Throttle body as a maintenance and I screw up the calibration. Rpms were jumping all the time. I try doing a rest as you stated above 3-5 min with 3k rpm but the issue was not resolved. I Had to take it to a shop so that he could use a scanner 1st to clear the setting and then do the TPS relearn...
just my 2cents.

·
Registered
65 Posts
hey second to this. I once clean my Throttle body as a maintenance and I screw up the calibration. Rpms were jumping all the time. I try doing a rest as you stated above 3-5 min with 3k rpm but the issue was not resolved. I Had to take it to a shop so that he could use a scanner 1st to clear the setting and then do the TPS relearn...
just my 2cents.
I agree, thats the only way I knew that you had to reset the tps, because I didn't after moving the butterfly flap of the throttle body. On the OP's car he may just have a gunked up throttle body however so he may need to clean it first, I recommend buying the scanning tool because it does come in handy quite a bit, I have the foxwell nt510 elite

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sometimes you need to use Honda HDS, after TB cleaning, buy this on aliexpress on go to Honda service to do idle learn.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts