8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys, i just want to know whether the civic sedan has the same engine as the integra GSR which the engine code is K20A3. And can the K20A3 convert to Type-R engine without swaping a new one ? like changing the piston n stuff in engine to bcome a K20A engine. If it cant convert, what a'bout using an integra GSR aftermarket engine parts in the civic 06

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
give it 2-3 years.. you'll see engine swaps happening

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Enderz said:
Guys, i just want to know whether the civic sedan has the same engine as the integra GSR which the engine code is K20A3. And can the K20A3 convert to Type-R engine without swaping a new one ? like changing the piston n stuff in engine to bcome a K20A engine. If it cant convert, what a'bout using an integra GSR aftermarket engine parts in the civic 06
Go forced induction. You seriously don't wanna know all that's involved. For the record, the K20z1 found in the 2005-2006 RSX uses Type-R internals.

Why would you wanna use an Integra GSR? I thought they still used the B-series? The base model RSX and 2002-2004 Si use the K20a3, not the GSR.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
skittleslegend said:
Go forced induction. You seriously don't wanna know all that's involved. For the record, the K20z1 found in the 2005-2006 RSX uses Type-R internals.

Why would you wanna use an Integra GSR? I thought they still used the B-series? The base model RSX and 2002-2004 Si use the K20a3, not the GSR.

yeah i wouldn't go backwards in technology.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
but im talking about the 2 litre civic 2006 sedan, is the same as the 2005 2 litre rite ?
the 1.7L n 1.8L of course is diff

·
Registered
103 Posts
Why engine swap a brand new car? Much cheaper and more reliable to just buy an off-the-shelf faster car, like a SRT4, a WRX, an Si, etc.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
is a hobby actually.. Wrx or Si is also not fast enough, the thirst of speed is always not enough. Its fun doing this type of modification and also to satisfy ourself

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Enderz said:
but im talking about the 2 litre civic 2006 sedan, is the same as the 2005 2 litre rite ?
the 1.7L n 1.8L of course is diff

i see your from malaysia..

your civic is different from ours over here

all our civics are 1.8L R18 06 coupe, sedans, hybrids.

Acura CSX which is your civic over there is 2.0L K20

Civic SI 2.0L K20

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
aznchzexr said:
i see your from malaysia..

your civic is different from ours over here

all our civics are 1.8L R18 06 coupe, sedans, hybrids.

Acura CSX which is your civic over there is 2.0L K20

Civic SI 2.0L K20
More specifically, the CSX is a K20a3.

The 06 Si is a K20z3, which internally, IMHO, is a compromise between the K20z1 in the RSX and K24 of the TSX.

To the original poster, if you wanna do this, you should be able to swap out the engines fairly easily. I mean the K20z3. Any other K-series engine is going to require some serious cash and, again, IMHO, is simply not worth the money, time or effort to do so.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
in malaysia our civic 06 only had a 4 door and it comes with two option which is the 1.8L one or a 2.0 i-VTEC. i am just wondering that the civic engine only cranks 155whp, but the type-R engine cranks bout 200whp. its that a way that i can swap in type-R engine parts like piston, cams and all that to make it K20A by not swappin a whole engine

1 - 15 of 15 Posts