8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey 8th, I was cleaning my engine bay today and I found this flap which slides to the right. I was wondering what its purpose was? I find hidden stuff im unaware of on my Si like every week. :laughing:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I think there is a vin number hidden behind it....I don't think there is any other purpose...maybe it will add 10hp if you leave it open haha but seriously I have no clue other than a nifty hiding spot for the vin number...

·
Registered
2,432 Posts
It also hides bees:SHOCKED: . While installing my BCRH, I heard a buzzing sound while removing the cowl. Anyways I stuck my hand under the cowl and the bastard stung me..haha. So that could be the other use for this "vin" hiding device.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
lol...

but doesn't this sliding door have the words "frame number" or "chassis number" or something along those lines molded into the front of it stating what's behind it? maybe i saw that somewhere else.

·
Registered
522 Posts
when my Si got egged i slid it open and was able to shoot ater in there with the hose to clean out the crap...so there you go its got MANY USES!!!
bees eggs numbers
:thumb:

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
Just as a tidbit of useless information, that VIN is the chassis VIN... it is used to keep track of the car until the dashboard VIN is installed. It's also one out of at least half a dozen locations in the car where that number is recorded.

Reactions: Mabuz
1 - 16 of 16 Posts