8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at brake options for our car, and mainly for calipers without really getting a BBK. anyway I found that Endless has a kit for our car, but what's disturbing is the rotors are either the same size or 1" bigger. anyway you get a couple goodies but here are the prices listed.

Calipers: $2595

Kit 1: $3105

Upgrade 1": $4670

obviously, you have to be pretty dedicated to your car to pay for something like this especially upgrading the rotors 1". but my question is, would anyone actually consider getting them?

http://www.endlessusa.com/brakecaliper/6-pot-mini/

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
What would you be buying it for, the track or for cool points at a meet?

Nobody would argue the point that the stock brake system is the weakest part of the Si's equation, but shelling out all that cash for an Endless BBK is overkill. Everybody will say if you want better brakes get better pads, better fluids, SS lines, and maybe some rotors. We all love the look of a BBK though. You can find decent deals on Ebay for used DC5R Brembos, or you can look into the Wilwood kits, or Rotora if you've just got to have the BBK. They'll do the same thing for less money. If you have those deep baller pockets (that I wish I had), and you've just got to have the Endless kit, by all means pick it up. :thumb:

·
Registered
19,488 Posts
:yeahthat:

Better Pads :thumb:

EBC Red Stuff are win, IMO

/thread

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i know there are cheaper options out there, and i could get pads and rotors for cheap (ill most likely do that) but as far as BBKs go, If i did get these, it would be for the track and putting my car in shows, but the reason i was looking at these instead of Brembo and Wilwood, is mainly because I want to be different. Brembo has a contract with half of the major auto companies in the world, so you see their brakes on pretty much everything. Wilwood, though not that many people have them, seem to be the BBK for Honda Civics since they are so cheap on Corsport. Project Mu don't make them for our cars. So Endless is something most people haven't seen (except in magazines) have some pretty badass looking calipers (which is what im looking to get) and the E-slot rotors are sick too. I might not buy them ever, but I really want them. LOL

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've been to track MANY MANY times with my 06 evo.

And I can tell you that those brakes are overkill for the SI. If you want to do so for shows, by all means go for it.

I'd recommend upgrading the fluid, pads, and stainless steel brake lines first if you are mostly interested in tracking.

From there you can think about upgrading the rotors and then eventually upgrade the calipers as it wears out.

Even with my tracking experiences I feel that I did not fully utilize my Brembos. I doubt 90% of the weekend warrior "trackers" are not using their brakes to their full potential.

I do agree that endless are unique compare to Rotora, Wilwood, Brembo BBK...and on.

Hope this helps. I am by no means bashing anyone's driving skills here. I'm just bringing my experiences that I had as brakes were something I went through extensively during my tracking days.

Have fun!

·
Registered
26,621 Posts
def not worth it..

get hawk hps + pads,ss lines and fluid and call it a day..

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
Endless will definitely get you lots of cool points, but if you REALLY want to be different get some Alcon's. :thumb:

They're not blue (although I'm sure they have colored calipers), and they won't get you any JDM street cred, but I would say Alcon has more racing pedigree then Endless.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Endless and Project Mu brakes are baller show brakes (that also perform very well...)

So before you spend $4000 think over whether it's really worth it.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Hmm lots of good info for brakes, i personaly will just buy wilwood front and rear its cheaper then the rest and looks good.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i know get lines, pads and fluid, that goes without saying. and yes they are baller status, but i feel every big brake kit is pretty much for show more than their track worthiness unless you are doing something serious like endurance races. the problem with alcon and AP is they don't directly make their brakes for our cars. so its going to take a little more work than i want to find out which size i need.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
those are really expensive, but if those Alcons can fit on our car, and im in for spending that kind of money on brakes, they probably will be a better deal. i don't want them too big where i can only fit 18s on my car though but im sure those will look sweet.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Just get the Endless. They are good brakes. If your thinking about it just get it. Endless is also used in many racing series as well. So they are high quality brakes for sure. If it were me though I would go with Project Mu.

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
1 - 19 of 19 Posts