8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to know from someone here in Georgia if an Si will pass emissions with a header installed. Does it automatically throw a CEL after the install? If so, can the CEL be cleared with Flashpro, and if it can, is it permanently off or will you have to reflash each time to make it go off???

·
Registered
913 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK. Thanks, I am new to the site. Sorry, should've looked around. So what you are saying is that it is hit or miss on whether it will or not? I just don't want to go through putting all those parts on my car and then have a headache at emissions time.....

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Actually, I dug a little more and answered my own question. It looks like CT Engineering makes one that will keep the cat and then I can throw a catback exhaust on it and be good to go! Thanks for your reply!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Actually, I dug a little more and answered my own question. It looks like CT Engineering makes one that will keep the cat and then I can throw a catback exhaust on it and be good to go! Thanks for your reply!
It's an option. Keep reading about it cause from what I here it has little to no power gain over stock so is it worth your hard earned money?

·
Registered
244 Posts
It is my understanding based on my own recent research (before I ended going with a full Vibrant exhaust including RH w/HFC) that a RH with cat delete and defouler is a maybe proposition on our cars in regards to tripping a CEL. A header with HFC and a angled defouler (which is what I decided to go with) does not throw a CEL.

Save the planet and get a Header with HFC.

·
Registered
913 Posts
It is my understanding based on my own recent research (before I ended going with a full Vibrant exhaust including RH w/HFC) that a RH with cat delete and defouler is a maybe proposition on our cars in regards to tripping a CEL. A header with HFC and a angled defouler (which is what I decided to go with) does not throw a CEL.

Save the planet and get a Header with HFC.
I have a Vibrant Gen 2 and RH w/ HFC and a Weapon R Angled defouler. My CEL comes on every couple thousand miles and turns off 20 to 40 miles later. I am saving for Flashpro as it has been the 2nd o2 sensor every time. Just need to turn the damn thing off.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Sounds like your defouler or O2 sensor may not be tight. Hondata ReFlash does eliminate second sensor if all else fails.

·
Registered
921 Posts
i like to bring up dead threads instead of making new ones. But anyways i have FP waiting for my vibrant header-back system (catless) as we speak. I will have another year before emissions. Let me get this right with FP just by turning off the secondary O2 i understand there is no CEL. But will the OBD-II diagnostic tool possibly pickup anything else that could cause me to fail by not having a cat?

I am in GA so give me ur success stories with emissions, catless headers, and FP. to put my mind at ease

·
Registered
43 Posts
i like to bring up dead threads instead of making new ones. But anyways i have FP waiting for my vibrant header-back system (catless) as we speak. I will have another year before emissions. Let me get this right with FP just by turning off the secondary O2 i understand there is no CEL. But will the OBD-II diagnostic tool possibly pickup anything else that could cause me to fail by not having a cat?

I am in GA so give me ur success stories with emissions, catless headers, and FP. to put my mind at ease
Trust me, you're fine. I put my DCRH in like a week before I had to do emissions. The only way the OBD2 will know you don't have a cat is if you have a CEL for it. They may visually inspect, but they hardly look. I have a flex pipe there and they thought it was a cat by glancing.

If you're worried at all, hook up flashpro...click "Online" at the top menu...then click "OBDII Diagnostics". It shows your emissions results right there.

·
Registered
11 Posts
so I wanted to give my experience. I recently purchased a 2009 Honda civic Si sedan with flashpro and tune. the car has no cats. has skunk2 headers to catless midpipe and Go Power 3inch exhaust and it passed emsissions this past weekend.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts