8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

241 - 257 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
One day for some odd reason my car didn't start up maybe battery dies having light on or I do think know so I jump started and drove off.... went to get my car inspected and fail due to some obd not ready (evap and catalyst monitor)... I think is 400 miles driven and 4 days of driving... still not ready... any help..?... I notice the muffler tip is rattle lingerie maybe tip is broken or loose... does this affect or am I just too over thinking it? i went ahead and took battery out again... this time wait 10 mnutes then place it back in... now... is ther fuse to check also???

·
Registered
489 Posts
One day for some odd reason my car didn't start up maybe battery dies having light on or I do think know so I jump started and drove off.... went to get my car inspected and fail due to some obd not ready (evap and catalyst monitor)... I think is 400 miles driven and 4 days of driving... still not ready... any help..?... I notice the muffler tip is rattle lingerie maybe tip is broken or loose... does this affect or am I just too over thinking it? i went ahead and took battery out again... this time wait 10 mnutes then place it back in... now... is ther fuse to check also???
First off, Im not trying to be the grammar police, but your post was extremely difficult to follow. Anyways, are you running a tune? How long was it since you last drove the car and realized the battery was dead? Did you leave a interior light on or the trunk open? Are you running a tune? Did you have to verify the radio code?

·
Registered
263 Posts
Tune no... let me try to make this clearer as possible... I went to work one morning and 8 hours I went to car to try to leave car wouldn't turn on dead... I think I might have left the light and or door slightly open causing it to die I don't know that's my guess. So jump started and went to get it inspected and fail due to obd monitor not ready. Drove it for a week and clearly did cycle and nothing... still not ready so I've already check battery and is good condition. I went ahead unplug for 10 minutes and retrying the step again... it's been about 1.5 week into it and still nothing..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

Attachments

·
Registered
263 Posts
What is the level in the fuel tank? If it's full the evap system won't purge. Also did you google and do the obd2 drive cycle?
Did the cycle and gas is at or 3/4 to half... called honda and they told me to keep driving but for how much longer if I do all cycles? Some people say check fuses but not sure which?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
263 Posts
UPDATE!!!! 2 weekS

It's been 2 weeks into it today and i plugged in the scanner and ran my OBDII scanner. Evap and Catalyst where "not ready" after driving and doing cycles over over over for two weeks 800 miles. finally Evap shows "Ready" or so i think I'm reading it correctly please advice or help and or confirm my progress please...

since dtc last cleared
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQSfzddc-2Q&feature=youtu.be

live cycle test
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvTCKo0mLgI&feature=youtu.be

Attachments

·
Registered
992 Posts
o pass the emissions test:

2002 and newer model year vehicles may have a maximum of one (1) “not ready” non-continuous monitor.
If the vehicle failed the emissions test with a catalytic converter-related diagnostic trouble code, the vehicle’s catalyst monitor must be “ready” to pass the retest.

241 - 257 of 257 Posts