8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

221 - 240 of 257 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
So did u passed with all back to stock or bolts ons? Im thinking going medford then just a hike from lowell
I did not go back to stock, neither tune or engine. I am supercharged and have bigger injectors so I can't put the stock tune back on without buying parts to make the stock injectors fit, which I didn't feel like doing unless I HAD to.... and I wanted to test this out for my own benefit, and everyone else here with questions about this....

So, I left all that installed and changed ONLY my tune. I showed up to the MAC center with the new tune, and I got it re inspected on the new tune. The mac guy said that if there was an issue I would fail and immediately be re flagged and I would not be able to try again (which would have been the actual stock tune for me) till the flag was removed once more... but it passed, so that proved the new tunes are good.

So change your tune over to the new Civic / Hybrid / MAF tune (they go by so many names, so that's why I use the slashes, sorry if it's confusing) and go to the mac. You'll be fine. If you have catless exhaust then fix that first, you will need your rear o2 working / turned on or the cat monitor will never set.
Hey man its me again I had a question do u mine giving me the address of the medford one please

·
Registered
992 Posts
and i think that if you call to make an appointment they would give you the option to choose which ever station at your convenient and also availability

·
Registered
4,243 Posts
Late response but I still have the address.

28 Sycamore Ave
Medford MA

It's at the end of a culdesac type dead end road, Just off to the left, you'll probably miss it, I was confused because the sign was so damn small.

When I called they said "ok, we have an availability tomorrow at Brockton" and I just said "I'd prefer not going there, I saw there was one up in Medford and I'm in the area often" and a few seconds later they pulled up the availability for Medford.

It's not a MA Inspection station. It's a concrete building with a small MA Vehicle Check sign on it. It's actually a Parsons building, they have the contract to run the MA Vehicle Check program. Like I said before but it's probably a few pages back by now... they had a flag set for the vin issue and that was seriously all they were concerned about. I told him that after doing some research I think it came from a tune, and I told him I should have corrected it (which was uploading the correct tune :p ) and he lifted the flag and said "ok go try to get it inspected again, if it's not fixed it'll fail again, in that case call me"... and that was it... done. Got it inspected and it was over with.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #227
I got flagged again and had to go back. The guy thinks I may now have to go to the mac center every year now that I've been flagged twice. Yay!!!!!!

·
Registered
992 Posts
I got flagged again and had to go back. The guy thinks I may now have to go to the mac center every year now that I've been flagged twice. Yay!!!!!!
such inconvenient, minus well let the mac center dudes give you the inspection sticker, i suspect that when you go to get inspected they plug into your obd port then automatically gets flag, then you make an appointment with mac then go back to the inspection station and get a sticker or vise verse where you go mac center first then pass then go to inspection station and shove the paper in there face so they can give you the sticker,

·
Registered
111 Posts
I failed my wisconsin 2 times this morning. Both catalytic converter and emissions control werent ready. I only have a Skunk2 CAI with a GM IAT sensor instead of the MAF, and am currently tuning my car via Flashpro with Vit. I can easily go back to MAF, but the tune doesnt use it anyway so without going back to complete stock theres no point in swapping it. I uploaded a new calibration yesterday, and drove 26 miles, then this morning I failed both times.

My question is are my 2 things not ready because of the new calibration, and I just havent driven it long enough? Or will the MAP based tune and lack of a MAF not allow my emissions to ever be ready? Worst case scenario i need to remove half my intake and put the stock back in, and reflash back to stock, which would require a ton of driving again. However I need to pass this test tomorrow lol. Props to myself for not getting this done sooner

·
Registered
361 Posts
Cat will not set because the secondary O2 is disabled in your tune. For me, EVAP would eventually set even though catalyst was not ready. I had to go through about a full tank of gas with 3-4 cold starts. With just one monitor not ready I could pass in NC.

If you re-enable the sO2 and complete the drive cycles both of those monitors should eventually set.

Also: every time you flash a new map it will reset your monitors

·
Registered
111 Posts
Ok, so enable secondary o2, then reflash obviously, and drive drive drive. Hmm may not be ready by tomorrow bUT I gotta try. Thanks that's the answer I was looking for.

Wait nevermind I need to plug in flashpro with my computer and select it, so no reflash. Got it

·
Registered
992 Posts
I forgot who had stated about this issue, you have to have the stock maf and stock tune i pass my inspection on stock maf tune . The computer records your computer cal and keeps it in there database and lets say your running map tune you will get flag as they see that your car is running outside of carb legal limits last year a friend tested out his mugen si with a short ram intake with maf port and vaines that guide air flow to the maf sensor
The car had skunk2 race header , defouler secondary o2 and skunk2 exhaust also test pipe
We flash the car with afm maf short ram intake and exhaust cal that we select from the base map on the flash pro manager . After driving the car for more than 100 miles there was no check engine light and he pass inspection which i was surprise though this was a gamble but it work so keep in mind that all sensor has to be enable and function and the maf sensor has to be used and read air . The reason why honda stick the maf sensor in it was required by the carb pollution bored and this is why more and more newer cars are gonna be running with maf sensor and lucky for us honda gave us both the map and maf sensor which gives us room to tune

·
Registered
111 Posts
Yes and I deleted my maf sensor. Easy to reinstall but still I'm gonna try and beat it, I apparently can have one monitor not ready and still pass, I had 2. I re-enabled my secondary o2 since I still have a cat I should get every one ready except Evap. I also have been reflash in my ecu every few days

·
Registered
111 Posts
Well I passed this morning in WI. One monitor wasnt ready (catalytic converter, my exhaust is all stock) and my EVAP system was. Even with my deleted MAF, deleted AAV, and my most recent vit calibration, which wasnt specific to me passing emissions at all.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I guess I am lucky that I passed with map. Must be done differently in PA.
Depends where in pa you are. If your county tests for obd2 then you are allowed 1 monitor not set. I have a guess that if you disable some monitors that the pa machine will record them as not applicable and pass it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went through all this crap this year also with my Evo... what a major PITA. I basically had to put the EGR/EVAP system back on the car, go get a sticker, then took it all back off.. thankfully its not a very hard process.

Its funny living in a Nazi state like this, then you go out to ohio where they LITERALLY have no inspections for vehicles what so ever.... anything goes. Makes me sick looking at us jump through hoops, while other states don't have anything at all. Im actually just jealous lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone having issues in RI? I just got referred to MAC yesterday. Failed emissions because I am running a MAP tune and supercharged. I Looking to register my car in RI to avoid setting anything up with MAC. I don't want to deal with the hassle every year.

221 - 240 of 257 Posts