8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone installed and tuned an emanage ultimate without being FI?

I have myself an EMU and would like to see what kind of gains I could expect with the basic bolt ons like I/H/E and some pullys (if I end up getting some pullys).

Has anyone done this at all or will I be the first one to find out? I also have nitrous and was wondering if anyone knows more about that. I will post a more specific thread about the nitrous advantages in the FI section, but I really am looking for answers about how it will improve the car all around.

I am really interested in using it to raise the rev limiter, but I will talk about that in the appropriate thread unless someone who has DONE IT wants to help me. Then they can PM me or post it in any thread they want haha.

I heard that soxfan's tuner was able to get 40WHP on a 350z with boltons after tuning with emanage. I know they are two different cars, but thats still impressive for not messing with the stock cams at all.

Let me know what you know about Emanage Ultimate for NA and N20. Thanks :thumb:

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
Has anyone installed and tuned an emanage ultimate without being FI?

I have myself an EMU and would like to see what kind of gains I could expect with the basic bolt ons like I/H/E and some pullys (if I end up getting some pullys).

Has anyone done this at all or will I be the first one to find out? I also have nitrous and was wondering if anyone knows more about that. I will post a more specific thread about the nitrous advantages in the FI section, but I really am looking for answers about how it will improve the car all around.

I am really interested in using it to raise the rev limiter, but I will talk about that in the appropriate thread unless someone who has DONE IT wants to help me. Then they can PM me or post it in any thread they want haha.

I heard that soxfan's tuner was able to get 40WHP on a 350z with boltons after tuning with emanage. I know they are two different cars, but thats still impressive for not messing with the stock cams at all.

Let me know what you know about Emanage Ultimate for NA and N20. Thanks :thumb:
There's alway's more power to be had with proper tuning and bolt on's it's just a pain in a** with our motor from all the reading I've done. Good luck. :thumb:

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its not like I'll be tuning it. The only luck I'll need is coming up with the money to afford Soxfan's tuner :thumb: Why have it taken anywhere but to the best when the best is local?

I appreciate your comment cuz its very uplifting and I was expecting people to tell me things like its a waste and be discouraging. I hope I can make some good power.

I just want more specific info. Has anyone done it at all? Would I honestly be the first? I find that hard to believe that no one wanted to try to make gains and could afford to try emanage on a NA car....

Everyone is looking for a tuning solution and I will have the emanage and the PNP harness plus installation costs and that will be less than a hondata reflash. Then the tune is more, but in the end its not THAT much more than paying for a reflash.

I am not complaining, I just find it hard to believe that I'm the first one to tune a NA si with emanage that almost all the turbo guys are using.

Anyway please post up any info on emanage that you can think of that would be useful for MY setup.

Also I don't have the Plug and play harness yet. Does anyone know the very cheapest place to get it? I will search, but I am looking for the best deal I can get obviously.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
im pretty sure you'll be the first one, why are you still asking questions... we all know by cleaning the AFR and making it proper you will gain you more ponies then a intake or header would.

about the harness you may have to get it from greddy, or check out boomslang for a custom harness, it'll run you around 399 just like the aem fic

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm asking questions cuz I am a noob about the emanage ultimate. Greddys PnP harness is $250 I believe so if thats the cheapest option then so be it.

I am asking questions so I can find out things like should I not even get the PnP harness if I want to try to raise my rev limiter? Doesn't that need to be wired specially? I just can't seem to find all of the info.

I always like to ask questions because its not easy for a 20 year old with an 08 si to be without my car for too long. I don't wanna screw up my car and be left without one. I don't wanna just jump into this and waste tons of money or be without my car that I need all day for work.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
you have people like the boomslang guys that wire this sucker up daily, so i would call them and let them know what you want and your questions, im sure they're more experience then any of us here.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks that will help. I will contact the boomslang guys and see what they can do. My big concern is that I might need to wire it differently for raising the rev limiter. I'll see what they say.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If Im not mistaken... when Giles tunes your car he will want to hardwire the e-manage to your ECU, so you may not even have ot buy a harness. Im not 100% sure though.

I know he did something different with Mike's car than whats normally done.

That would be cool and shitty at the same time haha. If it allows me to control extra features (rev limit and speed limiter) then I would love it. Something tells me if and when a full EMS comes out that I want I will be kicking myself for this.

I will need to contact them I guess. I hope they know more about this. I honestly should just email them a link to the threads I have created haha.

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Im still not sure where you got your info from that makes you think you can raise the rev limit and/or eliminate the speed limiter ... but i'd imagine that if that could be done on the usdm ecu via the EMU that at least some of the greddy guys would have done so already.

but again... i could be wrong.

edit: i also think your time/money would be much better served by getting a header before you try this.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
ive really been looking into this for the past month as well. . .i will be getting emanage with the plug and play harness installing it and then going to a local dyno i think with my mods. . .

i/h/e i could pull 220whp out with a hella tune. . .ill prob be ordering mine in the next comming weeks so ill keep this thread updated with my thoughts on the process. . .im waiting for greddy to reply to my email which i sent them last night

·
Registered
445 Posts
honestly look into kaw its a shop down here in miami that uses aem and already has a plug and play aem ems for the 8th gen civic running with the stock ecu. if anything pm me and i can get you more info. I am actually saving up for it as we speak so that i can use it to get a good tune until i save up to go boost so let me know whats up if anything

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
honestly look into kaw its a shop down here in miami that uses aem and already has a plug and play aem ems for the 8th gen civic running with the stock ecu. if anything pm me and i can get you more info. I am actually saving up for it as we speak so that i can use it to get a good tune until i save up to go boost so let me know whats up if anything
If youre saving up to go boost... dont spend the couple hundred on the getting the PnP unit and a tune now... its essentially be a waste of money. If you just put that towards your boost budget youll be much better off.

·
Banned
6,259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Will this pass inspection for states like Massachusetts that require us to pass emissions and not have any CEL's?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.