8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Okay I need opinions . I have a 99 civic SI (em1) . I have the chance to trade the civic for a 02 air bagged( ajustable ride height) Toyota Tacoma extended cab . then trade it for a 99 BMW 540 . what would you do? The 99 si, needs nice after market suspension to be complete and ride good, needs nothing else . The bagged truck will need new bags soon . The BMW a/c don't work . what would you do i daily an 08 FA5 on CCWs ? :beer:

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
So let me get this straight, you're going to trade your 99-00 Si for a lowerred Toyota Tacoma, then trade the Tacoma for a BMW 540 that has issues?

Seems like a lot of trading and leg work. And I really cant answer anyway because besides Si, I have no idea of the values of tge other vehicles since they been in production for decades, they could be worth $500, or $50,000.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Oh C,mmon testify, do it.

K, as for the truck, it really depends if you're gonna use it, like use the bed to haul stuff. The bmw, I think it's too old + gas guzzler. I would keep the fa5+em1. Btw, I f-ed my sub by putting my son's bike in the trunk, still works thou.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Pm me it then. You took it to seriously, although he said it, I doubt he meant it. Btw, you misspelled something lol

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Oh C,mmon testify, do it.

K, as for the truck, it really depends if you're gonna use it, like use the bed to haul stuff. The bmw, I think it's too old + gas guzzler. I would keep the fa5+em1. Btw, I f-ed my sub by putting my son's bike in the trunk, still works thou.
E39's get decent mileage, so it won't down gas like larger V8 cars, I'd just stay away from it because if someone is willing to trade an E39 for a couple of bagged cars, I'd seriously question the quality and reliability of that BMW.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I can't imagine there would be much left of the bed of the truck if it has bags ??? I'd say keep the civic unless you are needing a truck ! My little brother just got rid of an older BMW 745i thats was in need of some work and wasn't worth the trouble. KEEP THE EM1 !

·
Registered
12,536 Posts
I could have gone all G rated Jeff Foxworthy with it, or channelled Ron White and hit 'em below the belt.

Whatever I would have said, it would have simply been material lifted from a real comedian.

·
Registered
992 Posts
man i miss my 00 EM1 its a classic even though its like every other civic but at heart
it carries the si badge with the EM1 vin
to me the car will last decades and prices for jdm swar engines nowdays has gone lower so EM1 will last decades far more than the other 2 cars you mention

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I'm not getting the BMW . I drove it ' its all junk . I still may get the truck . The truck will be alot of fun . I've had hydros on a mazda truck when i was a kid . will never sale the FA5 unless I find a TL.

·
Registered
992 Posts
i rather sell the fa5 to get the truck and keep the em1 , gotta remember they only make the EM1 for 2 years and 70% of them either out of the country, total lost, salvage. turn into drag cars.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
my fa5 is paid for . not selling that and the fa5 is so much better of a car than the EM1 . faster rides better . the bagged truck isnt worth getting rid of the FA5 . thats
just stupid !.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts