·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meguiars Car wash
Mild Clay
m205 Light cutting Edge pad
m21 White Finishing Edge pad
m7 Applied by hand w/ mf applicator Removed by mf rag.

tH3 DuLLne$$

Remember the hood and trunk before:

Oh yeah, the roof not so pretty:

Too maaaatch Vtaaaaak!

Now to some pics of work in progress:

Lookin a bit better here:

After 7.5 hours:

Roof looks a lot better

Ahh the hood not too shabby

oh dang look what I found driving home! I asked who his detailer was! lol

Hope you enjoyed my day in pics :)

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
dammm it looks shinny

please but the stock tail lights back on
OMG PEOPLE It's not his car! STFU about the taillights! YES they are ugly as dirt, but seriously! u_u

Meguiars Car wash
Mild Clay
m205 Light cutting Edge pad
m21 White Finishing Edge pad
m7 Applied by hand w/ mf applicator Removed by mf rag.

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO READ
Car looks much better, although....
Some of the pics look like the paint lacks a wet, deep look. I think it's because in those pics, the surface effectively has no wax on them. Here's why;
A little education on Meguiars m7... m7 has no protective qualities. IT IS NOT A WAX. By applying m21, then following with m7, you may have effectively removed m21 from the finish. According to autogeek it's a polish and might do so. You should call that guy back immediately and apply some Meguiars NXT 2.0 or the m21 again because his paint is unprotected.

edited to add highlighted red enlarged title so other ppl understand they should not use m7 as an lsp.
edited again because apparently it may be a "polish" without abrasive qualities and thus would not remove the m21

·
Registered
2,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OMG PEOPLE It's not his car! STFU about the taillights! YES they are ugly as dirt, but seriously! u_u

IMPORTANT FOR EVERYONE TO READ
Car looks much better, although....
Some of the pics look like the paint lacks a wet, deep look. I think it's because in those pics, the surface effectively has no wax on them. Here's why;
A little education on Meguiars m7... m7 has no protective qualities. IT IS NOT A WAX. By applying m21, then following with m7, you effectively removed m21 from the finish. In essence - it's a super fine polish! You should call that guy back immediately and apply some Meguiars NXT 2.0 or the m21 again because his paint is unprotected.

edited to add highlighted red enlarged title so other ppl understand they should not use m7 as an lsp.
Well, the m7 put on after was just to add a wet look and it was applied by hand. This was purely done to add a wet look. In person the paint looks phenomonal.
I took this trick from Mike Phillips, a very skilled detailer and who knows meguiars products more than anyone on this planet.

·
Registered
543 Posts
This is interesting. I know Maiku knows what he's saying for sure, and in the theory (that I understand) back what he said up.

This is from one of the Mike's posts.

Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle

I guess there might be something that I still don't know? Waiting for the detail master "rasky" to chime in.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts