8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
26,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed 35watt hid kit. The lighting system is working fine but causing electrical interference with dash lights and VSA control. It also makes my radio have static. The funny thing is I can turn the car off and restart it and everything is back to normal. Has anyone had this problem before?

·
Registered
486 Posts
yea i have static clickin wen i turn on mine thts it..
jus need to move the ballast somewhere else...im to lazy to take off my bumper lol

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
It can't mess with the car's computer regarding VSA.
Either something is defective with your VSA, or some other stuff is going on down there.
It's like saying your brand new suspension is causing the paint to peel.
It could possibly be many of your electrical components are sharing the same ground.

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
Might be cause your old ass is to old to have a SI and need to by a mini van for your wife and kid LOL JK DANNY

·
Premium Member
26,125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It only affects it when I turn the HIDS on, and it doesn't do it all the time. It never does it when the HIDS are off. It's like it locks up. I can turn the car off and back on again and things go back to normal. Different frequencies can cause interference with computer communication. I take it I am the only that this has happen too. I do have one of the ballasts mounted in the back corner of the passenger side. I also was wondering if it could be a ground issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts