8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
5,292 Posts
a friend of mine had one on his integra and it didnt do **** . . . seems to me like it just blocks airflow in the intake more than it actually helps anything out but this particular one could be different i dont remember who made the one that he had

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea thoes ebay ones are crap lol. just people trying to make quick buck. There used to be this website that showed this one guy that build an electric supercharger that ran off 6 car batteries from the trunk. It was pretty crazy pushing 10psi and competed with traditional superchargers

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Too risky bro if one of those fan break and gets into your intake manifold, you will need a new engine. These are meant to have better gas mileage but they way I see it, it only makes the engine sound more like it's Forced Induction. Put your money into the real deal.

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
first off i think this is dumb. one thing they neglect to tell you is the speed of air already being sucked into your engine without the fan. i would wager that at wot it is just as fast if not faster than "70 miles per hour", so the air would have to be pushing at least over 70 to make any "boost"

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i am a lil confused because people tune their cars for correct air-fuel ratio when they get a turbo but if these things really do produce pressure wouldnt that mean i would need one of thoes units to correct the air fuel ratio?

·
Registered
3,677 Posts
^

no, its things like this that remind me of the adds you would see in car magazines

that says "turbonator" and its an eletric turbo charger that you just connect onto

your aftermarket intake by replacing the filter :wavey:

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
^

no, its things like this that remind me of the adds you would see in car magazines

that says "turbonator" and its an eletric turbo charger that you just connect onto

your aftermarket intake by replacing the filter :wavey:
comment wasnt directed toward you it was the dude above you you posted before i got done typing :thumb:

yeah i agree thats what it looks like

·
Registered
635 Posts
The idea is very interesting especially with the new development of brush less motors, pushing 45 000 rpms... one of my hobbies are RC cars and the new brush less motors are beasts... I'm sure geared right and with a bit of research running one of these will be really interesting, i might try to make a home brew project and see where it gets.

I'm going to try 2 of these motors, to power and old garrret turbo

HP 300/40

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong, but even a 0psi system is better than stock due to the fact that even at WOT the engine manifold is still under slight Vacuum ie negative pressure. A simple fan that can help push air would help somewhat.... sure its not a real push you back in the seat turbo. Not sure if I would spend the 300.00 and time to install it since you might only gain 2-5hp and about the same 2-5 amount of torque increase.

·
Banned
24,191 Posts
To Ryker: on some cars this may be the case but on a high RPM engine like our it will at some point become a restriction rather than helping.Put it this way,if the engine normally moves(sucks in) 650 CFM's of air at 8K rpm's and this thing only can move 500 CFM then once the engine pulls more than what the S/C can move it becomes a restriction.

To raybyduhbay: More than likely the stock ECU will be able to compensate for the extra air.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.