8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
i think that guy is pretty stupid (though i guess i have to give him some points for making it work and stuff)...he ruined a wonderful car AHHHHH wtf...that s2000 now doesnt even have enough torque to start on a hill with two people in the car...maybe he was jealous of the prius parked on the side of the road and said well i cant get good mpgs in my roadster so ill rip out the engine and put in an electric motor because i am causing global warming...wtf cars have a very insignificant effect on global warming...dont believe politicans!!!!

dibs on the engine that revs to 9k...lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
i think that guy is pretty stupid (though i guess i have to give him some points for making it work and stuff)...he ruined a wonderful car AHHHHH wtf...that s2000 now doesnt even have enough torque to start on a hill with two people in the car...maybe he was jealous of the prius parked on the side of the road and said well i cant get good mpgs in my roadster so ill rip out the engine and put in an electric motor because i am causing global warming...wtf cars have a very insignificant effect on global warming...dont believe politicans!!!!

dibs on the engine that revs to 9k...lol
:yeahthat:

·
Registered
2,351 Posts
The only reason I think the guy would do this is because he is an electrical engineer who didnt want to buy a Tesla Roadster.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
two words:

Idiot.

---------------------------------------
Turn a honda civic electric, turn a dodge neon electric, or even a CRX, Integra, anything...

But hey, Honda announces the death of the S2k and this guy says "gee, now I have a piece of honda history, let's eff it up"

I give the guy large props for undertaking such a task and following through but why do that to an S2K, why?!

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
why must you guys bash this for?? its a cool idea.

You guys are too excited over hondas that rev to 9000000000000 rpm. lol Why dont you guys give him kudos on being able to produce this.

·
Registered
580 Posts
two words:

Idiot.

---------------------------------------
Turn a honda civic electric, turn a dodge neon electric, or even a CRX, Integra, anything...

But hey, Honda announces the death of the S2k and this guy says "gee, now I have a piece of honda history, let's eff it up"

I give the guy large props for undertaking such a task and following through but why do that to an S2K, why?!
^^^ Lol, well said.

Lmao @ "gee, now I have a piece of honda history, let's eff it up"

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
why must you guys bash this for?? its a cool idea.

You guys are too excited over hondas that rev to 9000000000000 rpm. lol Why dont you guys give him kudos on being able to produce this.
im not saying it isnt cool but look what eveyone is saying he screwed up a piece of honda history

and btw an engine that revs that high is insane...dont tell me you wouldnt think it isnt cool revving that high

·
Registered
391 Posts
sheesh it's a friggen' s2000, not a lambo or something. Electric cars have way more performance potential than gas anyways -- 100% torque across the whole rpm range. It could be very sweet, way faster than stock. There are no specs on it so everyone is just speculating...

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
ya electric will eventually be better but right now it pretty much sucks...batteries are heavy and expensive and dont last that long...the power though is great and effecient (maybe idk im not an electrical expert lol)

but seeing that guy drive an s2k like that and barely making it up the driveway lol wow...

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
the power though is great and effecient (maybe idk im not an electrical expert lol)
that kind of depends on how broad your outlook on it is.

up close: electric motors are ~90-95% efficient at turning electricity into mechanical work (although i could be mistaken on that one)

farther back: electricity has to come from somewhere, chances are it's a coal plant. typical coal plant is 30-40% efficient at turning heat into electricity (actually that efficiency pretty much holds true for any plants that use steam, the exception being combined cycle plants)

for comparison: gasoline engine is 25-30% efficient at its job

electric motors do have instant torque though, which is awesome. but i would really miss the acoustic track from my gasoline engine

·
Banned
4,871 Posts
^
thats ok, once the full electrics become more mainstream, someones gonna hook up a little speaker under the hood that goes vroooom when you hit the "gas" on your EZgo car

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
1st let me say i did not watch the vid yet/

Now why do you guys have so much hate for electric.. is change your problem or are you just confused.. i get frustrated with people ignorance sometimes .

Electric FTMFW and there many s2000 out there its not like this is the last car standing hell.

if your so sad go out and buy 1 and have fun rev to 9k all day

peace

1 - 20 of 26 Posts