8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 2007 Civic coupe 1.8L, bought a APEX high output alt and a slightly shorter belt for the smaller pulley, installed and right away I have a battery light. I checked the voltage with multi meter and it puts out 13.5, doesn't matter if I raise the rpm. Next I followed the ELD UNPLUG that is on here and when I flipped over the triangle fuse panel under the hood but I found NO ELD in the hole where one is supposed to be and I couldn't find any of the three wires (black orange and yellow) cut and tucked away anywhere. For kicks I unplugged the square connector on the alt and that shuts down any output so I'm wondering if the Alt is being controlled somewhere else in the car that I don't know of. There was no aftermarket stereo or high amp alt before I bought the car so I'm stumped. Either its controlled somewhere else or the sent me a new defective alternator. I added a picture that i found of where the ELD is supposed to be but I don't see anything like that in mine. Would a Canadian version be different then a US maybe, I'm not sure.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you,

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 2002 Honda Civic sir and I have a code for my high voltage sensor but recently my radio and gallery assembly have been dying for a split second and also coming back on as soon as my car almost stopped I was wondering if these two things are connected

1 - 2 of 2 Posts