8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everybody! I bought a project that is partially finished and am going to be doing some more work on it. I was kind of looking for somewhere to document it and figured maybe you guys would find it cool. I have been a member for a long time. I still have my 07 Si with 38,000 miles on it. It has been an ongoing build for me for the last 10 years. I am calling it "complete' for now as i will focus on this hatch for the time being.

This is my 8th gen

On to the hatch, I got it with the k20a2 already installed in it. Previous owner claimed it was dynoed at 225 but when i got it it did not feel like it. My brothers b18c5 swapped crx is much faster feeling. I decided not to press it too hard and begin building it with the parts i want to add and get a proper tune for it.

I was lucky when i got it. I feel i got a smoking deal on it considering all of the swap parts, and other new parts that came with it. I bought it in May but got married this summer so i have not had a moment to work on it but i have some time now so im going to get to it!

Here is what i started with and i consider it a nice head start.

This is how i bought it other than the rota slipstreams. I was able to get them on kijiji for $200 bucks. The car sat on steelies previously.

Here is the engine bay when i got it. Like i said i was very happy to be able to start at this point rather than do the swap myself. I could not have done this swap with the amount of k tuned parts on it for even close to what i was able to buy the car for. I came across it luckily when i was looking for an EK to do the swap in myself, so i saved some time and some money!

Some other cool parts it came with was an s2k cluster, and s2k seats.

You might have notice it is caged. I am led to believe that previous to the last owners k swap it had something else in it. The previous owner did'nt have it very long and the cage was scratched up and looked like it had been in there for a while. With that being said i feel like i have to do the roll cage justice and give it reason for being in there.

I have a jackson racing supercharger that i had from a previous car. Im going to add it on when i have one full weekend i can dedicate to the build as i would like to use the lift at my work.

The previous owner had the ktuned shifter in it. I was super stoked to see it because i always wanted to put a better shifter in my 8th gen but couldn't bring myself to cough up the money on one. It doesn't feel as good as i had imagined. I do not have any experience with them so i will see if there is some adjustment maybe.

The interior came stripped but i found the cup holder and the arm rest/ console from a local guy for $40 and i find it cleaned it up quite a bit. I also found some door panels but that will require some fitting to go on with the roll cage. Ill save that for when it is running.

A little while back i ordered some fender flares for it. Just some cheap ebay ones for $75. Im not crazy about them but the car has that typical rust on the wheel wells so tonight i am going to see if i can trim most of the rust off and then cover it up with these flares. I have slicks from my previous car i will be using so im thinking the extra space might be needed anyways! Ill post pictures tonight. It definitely needs a good cleaning on the inside as well, the carpet is pretty gross. I think i might just get rid of it.

So work was slow this afternoon. I have a start on the fender flares. I have the passenger side done, and have a start on the drivers. The rust on the drivers side was worse so i have a little more work there than the passenger side. They did not come with hardware so i just have some silver bolts in there for now. If you have a link to nice black ones send it to me please!

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
I found a few more parts on kijiji (not sure if there is kijiji in USA) but it is basically craigslist here in Canada.

I scored a k tuned k swap header from a guy and a 3 inch exhaust for an EK both for $500. The exhaust on the car currently is home built and has the stock header. I should see them before the end of the week.

I put up an add for a stock steering wheel. It has a baby blue grip royal wheel and it just doesn't look right to me. I got messaged by a guy who had an S2K wheel with the airbag in tact. I figured the price would be more than i was willing to pay but he told me $100 plus $40 to ship it so i scooped it up too! I put the grip royal for sale and sold it already for $75 so changing it up is not going to cost too much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts