8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just registered a couple days ago so I thought I'd say hi. I don't have a civic anymore but used to have a 5th gen coupe. Before buying my dc5, my choices were narrowed down to either that or an fg2. The dealerships didn't have any fg's that I liked but they did have a MR dc5 that I fell in love with! :laughing:

Oh and I'm Mel :wavey:

Anyways here are a few pics:

·
Registered
650 Posts
Sigh....i would still take the type-s over my Si. It was my first choice but there were none around to buy. Type-s > si

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the comments! :thumb:

ayenoc said:
now on 8thivic... earlier it was fgcoup.. whoring different forums FTW. HOLLAAA and Welcome
Haha something like that...I couldn't resist! :laughing:

mhuynh said:
Sigh....i would still take the type-s over my Si. It was my first choice but there were none around to buy. Type-s > si
It was a tough decision for me because I know I would have been happy with either. But what really came down to it was I couldn't really see myself driving an fg2...I don't know why. Plus when I saw mine on the lot I knew I had to have it! haha

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
windforce said:
Wow, beautiful! DC5 MR? What is the difference from normal DC5? Did the carbon fibre hood and trunk come from factory?
I installed all the carbon fiber parts...none were a factory option. Here is what she looked like when I got her so you can see the difference:

EDIT...I think I may have mis-read your post but MR just stands for the color Milano Red! :)

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
Welcome to the forums. I can see your upskirt shot from the reflection of the carbon fiber trunk in that second picture!!!

Sike. I bet all the guys scrolled up. TELL ME YOU DIDN'T?!

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
She has nice thighs judging from the 2nd picture. Did you miss that Yodums? :p
hahaha! jk jk

Nice to meet you here at 8th Mel.
Sweet ride! Milano Red is it?

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Sweet. I have a thing for reds. Untill I picture myself in one. It's for girls! :D
Speaking of which, do you have anymore pics? What other mods do you have?

·
Registered
77 Posts
The differences between the two cars are subtle and only someone who has owned both cars can really give credible opinion on the pros and cons of owning each car.
I had an 05 RSX Type S. check out my pics of it. Good car but the Si is better overall. My Type S also had the AEM V2 intake and 18% tint. Exterior wise the RSX is a better looking car than our Si's but the interior is far better in the Si than the RSX. The RSX has leather int, automatic climate control and 6 disc cd but in my opinion, the Si's cloth/suede seats are a lot more comfortable. The Si's interior storage bins are better. The stereo in the Si is light years superior to the RSXs. Trust me, the Si is by far a better car than the RSX Type S.
Insurance on an RSX is also a lot more expensive than an Si and while its an Acura and the Si is a Honda, the Si is the next evolution of the RSX.
The RSX is a louder car ( windows down in my RSX was too damn loud. Its stereo sucked and with the windows down, you could barely hear it ).; modifications wise--both cars are equal. The Si's mod market are growing since they are also still in production.;
The RSX's convenient hatchback was a plus that I do wish our Si's had.
Some RSX owners out there might love their RSX's and thats great. I respect that. Some Si owners might love RSX's and hate their Si's. While some Si owners love their Si's and hate RSX's. To each their own.
As a daily driver of both cars, I personally find the Si more comfortable, quieter and easier to live with than my 05 RSX. I do though, feel my 05 RSX was livelier, more responsive, and quicker than my Si. I used to drive my RSX extremely fast, something I don't do anymore since I got my Si so my driving style and preferences might be a little bit different than the typical RSX and Si owners.

1 - 20 of 363 Posts