8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am planning on getting these springs however do the springs get softer over time and do I have to replace them? I was also looking at the Skunk2 rear chamber kit..if get the kit will i have to worry about the front tires?I am asking this because there is no chamber kit available for the front.(sorry I am a suspension noob)

·
Premium Member
112,534 Posts
No the springs do not get softer.
You will probably need the skunk 2 camber kit for the rear wheels. I did.
You do not need the front camber changed.

Get an alignment.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
You're going to need to get the camber back up to spec, since your wheels are probably squatting more on the rear, making treadwear worse.

There are camber bolts available for the front as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
so let me get this straight the purpose of an alignment is to adjust the toe? but the chamber kit is for the rear..soo in terms of alignment I would just rise my car to match the front ride height?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
Go to a car shop and tell them you need a wheel alignment. They will fix the camber on the rear wheels by adjusting your camber arms (skunk2) and they will also fix the toe on both front and rear. You dont adjust the height of anything.

The front tires wont camber much at all, if any with the sportline springs..... so camber bolts for the front are not really needed.... but if you want to be able to set a specific camber on the front for better handling you could get camber bolts.....but they are not needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the thing im most concerned about is that my springs wearing out resulting in major lean, bounce all of the bad aspects of a worn out spring..I've heard that it wont wear out and ive heard it will wear out.

·
Registered
199 Posts
GChang54 said:
the thing im most concerned about is that my springs wearing out resulting in major lean, bounce all of the bad aspects of a worn out spring..I've heard that it wont wear out and ive heard it will wear out.
i have eibachs sportsline with skunk2 rear cambers and spc front camber bolts..been riding fine so far..no wear or anything...

·
Scrodums
9,486 Posts
GChang54 said:
I think you've got the theory a bit mixed up. The springs aren't going to be the problem with wear and tear, it'll be the dampers.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts