8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone. I finally got a new civic si recently ( had a 94 dx ) and I really want to lower my car and do a few bolt on mods..

i read the sticky in this forum about camber kits when lowering a car and due to my lack of knowledge with mechanical stuff I thought i better ask rather than assume.

I've been looking @ the Eiback Sportline series

Eibach Lowering Springs for 06-08 Civic Si from JSC Speed

and it drops my car 1.4 / 1.4 Front/Rear but i see that a camber kit for front and rear is recommended.

Im going for even tire wear and not so much handling in corners...i need to know is do i still need to get front and rear camber kits to maintain recommended camber/toe angles?

sorry i know the question has probably been asked a million times :\

·
Registered
56 Posts
you will not need a camber kit for sportlines, i've been running mine for almost 2 years now

you generally only need a camber kit when you ride on coilovers and your drop is about 2" or more, adding a camber kit certinaly wouldn't hurt anything but there is no real use for it with sportline springs

but then again everyone has their own opinion

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
just wait like 2 weeks for the springs to settle before aligning it.
thanks for the reminder :)

you will not need a camber kit for sportlines, i've been running mine for almost 2 years now

you generally only need a camber kit when you ride on coilovers and your drop is about 2" or more, adding a camber kit certinaly wouldn't hurt anything but there is no real use for it with sportline springs
http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m210/alpinestarrs/Picture002.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

awesome, glad to see someone else with same springs, do your back tires wear evenly enough to get most of the life out of them?

how come im getting mixed responses?

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
well im taking both sgtpruitt and chopstix into consideration, ill let my friend mechanic @ work make the call. I have money to buy it, but if its unnecessary i don't see why i need to get it!

thanks for all the timely responses!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.