8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am strongly considering this kit
what else do i need besides this?
and what might i need to do after i install it?

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
i have the sportlines with no camber kits and its a bigger drop than the pro kit...sure i have a little bit of camber but not a lot. The prokit you really dont need a camber kit, it's only a 1" drop and you have much camber at all if any. just make sure you get an alignment after installation so they can fix the toe.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
rippars said:
just rear, but you could get away w/o them (i do have them on my car with the pro kits tho.). wait a week or so for the alignment so the springs will settle.
I was wondering how long to wait before I got that alignment. I just slapped them bitches on today. Thanks man!

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
How is your rear camber? I need a camber kit something fierce. I will post up some pics tonight when I get my computer all reloaded (crashed it oops)

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
well I just put them on like an hour ago. So far it looks ok, but only time will tell how much they are going to go inward. I have toe like a mofo tho :/

·
Registered
463 Posts
i Have had kit for like 4 months just took rims off and replaced w stockers for winter and there is no tire wear what so ever without camber kit....granted i only put minimal miles on the car still non.

·
Registered
153 Posts
xxbodkinxx said:
18x8 45mm offset, 225/40/18 on pro kit

Stock tires on pro kit..

Hope this helps.
It does...thanks...since the Pro-kit is lowering the rear more than the front, is the car balanced now? I am looking at the H&R OE and the H&R pro-kit systems...I don't need track handling just a little lower than stock and better handling...thanks

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
The handling has been improved yes. Its not a huge drop just enough to get rid of the fender gap. I wouldn't change springs if I had to do it over again.

·
Registered
2,147 Posts
ok so i live around New Orleans and i kinda wanna lower mine but i cant lower it more than like an inch because of potholes around here so i dnt wanna slam it or nething, any suggestions?

·
Registered
618 Posts
So why wouldn't you change the springs if you had to do it all over again?
Was it not worth what you spent to have it only lowered an inch? or do you just not like the way it rides now?
Please share your opinions...

1 - 20 of 39 Posts