8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Civic Si Sedan FA5 Alabaster Silver Metallic
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this has been asked before but I can't find any good references for the 4 door FA5 with the stock wheels so I'm trying to just ask again here. I do daily drive this and go on cross-country road trips all the time. I wouldn't mind turning into driveways and speedbumps at an angle and avoiding potholes but that's about as far as I'll go. My driveway is insanely steep though but I don't scrap at all at stock ride height going straight right now.

The Pro Kit is the more logical option but I would like it to be more low like the Sportlines, from the pictures I've seen with stock shocks.

I'd like to use stock shocks for my budget but this is my first time ever doing something like this so I'm not really that informed.

So do I absolutely need new shocks and/or camber bolts for the Sportlines or do I have to go with the Pro Kit for the stock 2006-2008 wheels?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
ive had sportlines on my fg2 and now on my fa5, yes they def look better but the ride is def a lot more bumpy. ive used them with stock shocks and stock wheels with no issues

·
Registered
107 Posts
I know this has been asked before but I can't find any good references for the 4 door FA5 with the stock wheels so I'm trying to just ask again here. I do daily drive this and go on cross-country road trips all the time. I wouldn't mind turning into driveways and speedbumps at an angle and avoiding potholes but that's about as far as I'll go. My driveway is insanely steep though but I don't scrap at all at stock ride height going straight right now.

The Pro Kit is the more logical option but I would like it to be more low like the Sportlines, from the pictures I've seen with stock shocks.

I'd like to use stock shocks for my budget but this is my first time ever doing something like this so I'm not really that informed.

So do I absolutely need new shocks and/or camber bolts for the Sportlines or do I have to go with the Pro Kit for the stock 2006-2008 wheels?

Thanks!
You can use the stock struts for sportlines. You will probably get better ride and longevity by going with a strut intended to be used with lowering springs. Also, yes get camber bolts while youre at it. Id also get adjustable camber arms for the rear

·
Registered
989 Posts
Bump. Does the Pro Kit get lower as time goes by? I like the look of the Sportline springs from the start but i'm afraid it's going to be too low - it's also said to be too bumpy for daily driving. Looks like i'll go with the pro kit as long as it does settle when time goes by.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts