8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

·
Banned
441 Posts
Zeuceone said:
why even question it you should be there.
+1. i'm just on the outside lookin in, like u said, showin pride means you have selfish motives for goin. go and be w/ her in her time of need. she probably needs u a lot right now, even inspite of what her dad said. and i dno't know your situation, but it sounds like he was afraid after findin out he had cancer and was pushin you away because of it. just my .02 anyway

i say go, but i think you will anyway. sorry to hear for her loss

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Zeuceone said:
why even question it you should be there.
Its not a pride thing so much but

Dont wanna cause any animosity or drama at a funeral. Thats the only reason i WOULDNT go.

Her family doesnt even know we talk anymore.

·
Banned
3,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zeuceone said:
well you to were friends and what not. why wouldnt you be there for her. i know what you mean about the family but i doubt that they would have that in the mind during this tragedy.

Yea i see where you're going.

Guess I gotta get my suit dry cleaned

:thumb: & rep to everyone that replied.

·
Registered
2,483 Posts
I kind of went through a awkward time like that when I went to see my first born daughter have her first child. I didn't want trouble from my ex wife and others on that side of the family, but my girl needed me there.

I think you should go, as long as you are respectful to them they should not have a problem with you being there.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
i just had an ackward situaton at a wake myself last week. i would go. it is to pay respect to him regardless of anything that has happened in the past.

think about this....if you have to think about if you should go, you may regret it later on if you dont.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Type X said:
This isn't really a time to show pride but to show respect right?

:sigh:
U said it right there. U should be there Mike. Esp for the Ex. It seems u still care for her, even a little..right?

U once had a good relationship with her father it seems, so u should be there, no doubt. :thumb:

My condolences as well...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts