8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Edmunds drives the GTR

5K views 103 replies 26 participants last post by  KingMarineM16a4 
#1 ·
Who was that little punk talking trash in the other thread, that was bickering with KingMarine? Well everyone of these reviews is telling a story that is the opposite of your hating opinion.

First Drive: 2009 Nissan GT-R (JDM Spec)

#65 ·
I'll sell you my left lung and both my kidneys for one of those.
Who needs kidneys anyways? They only make stones.

#68 ·
Good specs and price but it's turbo-charged. Turbo does have it's drawbacks.

Most modern supercars I know are N/A

Even though BMW made a 335 turbo the M3 is still N/A. BMW opted for larger displacement engine and did not use turbo on a smaller engine. The 335 though drives well on the street it's not the case on the race track where it is plagued with heatsoak.

Even thogh Porsche make all turbo cars yet the GT3 RS is N/A

Mercedes has gone away from making Super charged engines across the board.

There are other issues related to drivability.

Just some things to note.

#76 ·
The best Japanese sports cars are usually turboed..... Look at the supra, rx-7, 300zx, skyline...NSX is an exception though. It's just a different way of doing things. The europeans tend to make n/a engines while the japanese like to use smaller engines with forced induction. Nothing wrong with it.

#92 · (Edited)
nooo

I just hate stupid coments that are false. People need to grow a brain and stop speaking out of thier ass. :laughing:
Facts taken and defended as "opinions" are like assholes and everyone has their own version. I just tell people the truth and they either get pissed off that they are wrong and accept it or they understand.

I admitt when im wrong, but while all the guys that can't tell me the differnce between SOHC and DOHC were busy talking **** about how the GTR through magical pixy Japan technology could make 480hp weigh 3800lbs+ with passenger and accelerate fast...I raise the question! how?
I say now lets wait and see...suddenly I find dyno numbers and it turns out the GTR imakes 470AWHP which means its not 480 crank hp!!
OH noes!

now I hate the GTR for stating that... come on =/.
Im not even going to show you footage of it being made that I have :p...because Im not a fan now according to you!

I have nothing against imports as I have owned three and have one currently that Im in love with of course an average idiot will say its a domestic! But to say its the best car in the world.. Im sorry its far from it. Maybe I enjoy crushing peoples dreams or maybe I like to make them wake up, smell the coffee...grow a brain and analyze things fully.

Oh and yes I like DOMESTIC cars! I like all cars... If you're a Japan fanboi bent on explaining to me how the GTR has magical pixy technology since you dont know what you're talking about...Im going to shoot you down, Kingmarine is going to eat you alive, MBK is going to grind your bones, Atruhondagirl is going to smack ya, and thats how it is.

#96 ·
so what if it has more HP?
what's the big deal?

Domestics seem to just stuff large engines and huge hp numbers into their lack luster bodies and it's all good cuz it's at a cheap price.

then u get a gt-r with good looks(subjective), a lot of technology(fact), lots to love(fact) but is heavy(opinion) and because it's rumored to have more hp there's a problem?

i don't get it.

#97 ·
He is just having a problem wondering how a 3800 lb car is smoking his poor little Z06. :hiding: Which really, if you think about it, doesn't make sense. It is heavy, that is a fact but so is the Veyron.

Heres why it is a problem

480hp at 3800lbs 0-60 in 3.3 (with barely any traction at all, give me some traction and I say it could be 3.1)
505hp at 3200lbs 0-60 in 3.5 seconds...

Explain to me how the hell that works out?

#100 ·
I'm not saying that either car is better, im just saying that i would rather have the GTR. the new corvette just looks like ne other vette, but the GTR has been waited upon since the R34. So there is a lot more value there. To be honest, the performance tests of the GTR are a lot better than i anticipated, didnt expect it to be at that level. Domestic cars have disappointed me in the past, so i'll never go back.

#102 · (Edited)
question: gt-r vs z06??

answer: doesn't even matter! 99.9% of us aren't gonna be pushing these cars to the limit where the differences come into play, even if we ever own one.

imo the gt-r is fugly tho. why did they make it look like it's crying?? okay i just looked at more recent pics and i guess they dropped the crying look. it looks a lot better now. i still don't dig the unpainted front.

merry xmas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.