8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
101 - 104 of 104 Posts

· Registered
8,755 Posts
He is just having a problem wondering how a 3800 lb car is smoking his poor little Z06. :hiding: Which really, if you think about it, doesn't make sense. It is heavy, that is a fact but so is the Veyron.

Heres why it is a problem

480hp at 3800lbs 0-60 in 3.3 (with barely any traction at all, give me some traction and I say it could be 3.1)
505hp at 3200lbs 0-60 in 3.5 seconds...

Explain to me how the hell that works out?
A number of possible factors:
1) Low coefficient of drag
2) Launch control--not sure if Atessa ETS comes into play here, it might.
3) Suspension tuning--rebound/compression settings impact weight distribution.
4) Aerodynamics--downforce and drag

You're also comparing two different drivetrains, which makes HP and weight comparisons like comparing apples to oranges.

· Registered
316 Posts
question: gt-r vs z06??

answer: doesn't even matter! 99.9% of us aren't gonna be pushing these cars to the limit where the differences come into play, even if we ever own one.

imo the gt-r is fugly tho. why did they make it look like it's crying?? okay i just looked at more recent pics and i guess they dropped the crying look. it looks a lot better now. i still don't dig the unpainted front.

merry xmas

· Banned
6,167 Posts
A number of possible factors:
1) Low coefficient of drag
2) Launch control--not sure if Atessa ETS comes into play here, it might.
3) Suspension tuning--rebound/compression settings impact weight distribution.
4) Aerodynamics--downforce and drag

You're also comparing two different drivetrains, which makes HP and weight comparisons like comparing apples to oranges.
Comparison IMO is based on money, they are almost the same amout therefore they can be compared.
question: gt-r vs z06??

answer: doesn't even matter! 99.9% of us aren't gonna be pushing these cars to the limit where the differences come into play, even if we ever own one.

imo the gt-r is fugly tho. why did they make it look like it's crying?? okay i just looked at more recent pics and i guess they dropped the crying look. it looks a lot better now. i still don't dig the unpainted front.

merry xmas
Well according to reviews the Z06 is too harsh for a DD, so IMO the GT-R wins as a DD. Probably better gas mileage, adjustable suspension, back seats... etc.

101 - 104 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.