8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
21 - 40 of 104 Posts

· Registered
1,253 Posts
I agree that the GTR is one of the best supercars out there..but..

What the hell was with Nissan's decision to only make it in automatic?
I swear I read somewhere they'll have an optional 6spd. manual for the V6 and the V8 would only be automatic...i don't know it was a while back...maybe i need to update myself...haha...but that GT-R is sweeett!

· Registered
2,899 Posts
Tsukuba, Japan
Lap Times
Pos Car Time Performed by
1. Ferrari 360 CS 1:02.44 Best Motoring
2. Lamborghini Gallardo 1:03.6 Best Motoring
3. Ferrari F40 1:03.73 best motoring
4. Porsche 993 GT2 1:04.25 "Best Motoring"
5. Chevrolet Corvette Z06 1:04.551
6. McLaren F1 1:04.62 Best Motoring
7. Porsche 997 Turbo 1:04.73 Best Motoring
8. Lamborghini Murcielago 1:04.76 Best Motoring
9. Porsche 997 GT3 1:04.842 Best Motoring
10. Subaru Impreza S204 1:04.90 Takayuki Kino****a
11. Mitsubishi Evo VII 1:04.93 Best motoring
12. Honda NSX-R 1:04.95 Best Motoring

2009 Nissan GTR 1:0.3.457 MINES

· Registered
2,899 Posts
How about the Tsukaba lap?:eek:hnoes:

I honestly do wonder how the GTR gets such good times with having less power than a ZO6 and over 500-700lbs more weight.

I guess the GTR's awd system, chassis, and suspension is that awesome at getting the power to the ground. Either that.. or it's JDM magic.

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
I look at it like Nissan does...
Luxury Classy sports cars
The turbo, r8, and GTR are meant to compete against eachother

Hardcore Sports cars
The carrera GT3, GT2, and the z06 are meant to compete against eachother

· Registered
2,899 Posts
So is that why the GTR gets identical/better 0-60/quarter mile times as the ZO6?

I guess we'll see whenever more major reviewers get their **** out about the GTR and do comparisons.

Until then, this argument is pointless. :dancing:

· Banned
6,167 Posts
The GTR had no traffic!!!!!!!

Your still my best buddy king =)
Aww.. Like I said, I don't know the stipulations on the Nurburring times. It's stupid IMO for them to even have official times if they are not all lapped the same. Every single official time should be from a stop with no traffic.
How about the Tsukaba lap?:eek:hnoes:

I honestly do wonder how the GTR gets such good times with having less power than a ZO6 and over 500-700lbs more weight.

I guess the GTR's awd system, chassis, and suspension is that awesome at getting the power to the ground. Either that.. or it's JDM magic.
It's just that damn good, there's no other explanation for it.
I look at it like Nissan does...

The turbo, r8, and GTR are meant to compete against eachother

The carrera GT3, GT2, and the z06 are meant to compete against eachother
Car competition is within the price. The GT3 nor the Z06 can touch the GT2, and that my friend is straight fact.

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
Aww.. Like I said, I don't know the stipulations on the Nurburring times. It's stupid IMO for them to even have official times if they are not all lapped the same. Every single official time should be from a stop with no traffic.

It's just that damn good, there's no other explanation for it.

Car competition is within the price. The GT3 nor the Z06 can touch the GT2, and that my friend is straight fact.
Nurburring times are meaningless in reality...but its great for developing a solid chasis. There is no set standard for times nor prep or traffic, weather conidtions etc...
maybe in the future they will be but then you would need one driver to make it completely equal. Top gear tries this with the stig. Even so certain people are more confortible in car setups then another person. It really comes down to driving everything and "finding" your personal favorite that fits your budget and needs. Everythin else as we know is fanboism

We are all guilty even me =)

the GT2 is god!!!! maybe thats why ferrari brought out the Scuderia and Lambo the SE...and corvette the soon to be crowned Zr-1

Amazing that porsche no matter what anyone claims sets the bar which all else is measured!

21 - 40 of 104 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.