8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 19 of 23 Posts

· Banned
6,167 Posts
Who was that little punk talking trash in the other thread, that was bickering with KingMarine? Well everyone of these reviews is telling a story that is the opposite of your hating opinion.

First Drive: 2009 Nissan GT-R (JDM Spec)
He's banned, you can thank me for that. Eat it Z06 owners. EAT IT! Your Z06 is too harsh and unpractical for daily driving conditions.

· Banned
6,167 Posts
The GTR had no traffic!!!!!!!

Your still my best buddy king =)
Aww.. Like I said, I don't know the stipulations on the Nurburring times. It's stupid IMO for them to even have official times if they are not all lapped the same. Every single official time should be from a stop with no traffic.
How about the Tsukaba lap?:eek:hnoes:

I honestly do wonder how the GTR gets such good times with having less power than a ZO6 and over 500-700lbs more weight.

I guess the GTR's awd system, chassis, and suspension is that awesome at getting the power to the ground. Either that.. or it's JDM magic.
It's just that damn good, there's no other explanation for it.
I look at it like Nissan does...

The turbo, r8, and GTR are meant to compete against eachother

The carrera GT3, GT2, and the z06 are meant to compete against eachother
Car competition is within the price. The GT3 nor the Z06 can touch the GT2, and that my friend is straight fact.

· Banned
6,167 Posts
the GT2 is god!!!! maybe thats why ferrair brought out the Scuderia and Lambo the SE...and corvette the Zr-1

Amazing that porsche no matter what anyone claims sets the bar which all else is measured!
The Ferrair? lol Ferrari. Maybe but that GT2 is kickin' ass at the track right behind the CCR and the CGT. I think it might have beat the CCR actually. It's in a magazine somewhere.

· Banned
6,167 Posts
problem with all these "turbo cars" is that they are illegal in the GT series outside Japan unless they are classified in the prototype racing division. In that case if you want to go race on a track NA is the only way to go and the real king of the porsche line is the GT3 RS
Yeah the GT3 RS is no joke either... The CGT needs to come back...

· Banned
6,167 Posts
the zr-1 is in a differnt league its a full blooded hyper car...
650hp
direct injection twin screw intercooled mounted 6.2 all forged and titanium parts monster :eek:mg:
yes the zr-1 is the bad boy on the block..

anyways, the op hasnt responded yet to my posts I think he couldnt find any info at all to support his claim anywhere...interesting :laughing: I wonder why!

:popcorn:
Yeah, and I still say they should've used the 7 liter from the Z06, do you know why they didnt?(serious question, i'd like to know the answer)

· Banned
6,167 Posts
They desighned the ls3 with direct injection already. That and the z06 engine is not known to handle boost well do to its high compression ratio. So its a cost and over all desighn thing. The zr-1 will blow everything away 650hp right under 100k, :popcorn:

anyways check out my GTR page...shows the real hp numbers of the GTR
Thanks for the info.

· Banned
6,167 Posts

· Banned
6,167 Posts
Good specs and price but it's turbo-charged. Turbo does have it's drawbacks.

Most modern supercars I know are N/A

Even though BMW made a 335 turbo the M3 is still N/A. BMW opted for larger displacement engine and did not use turbo on a smaller engine. The 335 though drives well on the street it's not the case on the race track where it is plagued with heatsoak.

Even thogh Porsche make all turbo cars yet the GT3 RS is N/A

Mercedes has gone away from making Super charged engines across the board.

There are other issues related to drivability.

Just some things to note.
You are wrong, according to the reviews, like the Porsche GT2 (which is Porsche's flagship car, not he GT3 RS) the twin turbos have no lag and i'm sure there is a built in turbo timer, so that is taken care of, no draw backs here.
Maybe the skyline is different. Still makes you wonder why most top model sports cars are N/A. Why Mercedes would switch to N/A from Supercharged.
Like? The CCXR, that's supercharged? The Saleen S7 TT, that's turbocharged? The Bugatti Veyron, that's turbocharged? The Lotus Exige S, that's supercharged? Porsche GT2 and the Nissan GT-R that are turbocharged? Corvette ZR-1 that's supercharged? The Ariel Atom that is supercharged?

Ferrari, Porsche GT3 RS, Lamborghini are really the only ones in the high end market still N/A. With technology today it is better to make a turbo car with no lag than anything else. Why? You have no lag, it's just like a N/A motor, with more low end tq and more high end hp.

· Banned
6,167 Posts
First off, I'm not saying it's no good, Skyline sounds like a bargain and has the reputation to back it up.

Not starting arguements here, just making some points.

I never said the porsche GT3 RS is the flagship car, or that the GT2 has turbo lag. I made an observation, that even a company that makes all Turbo charged cars makes a N/A track car.

Granted there are forced induction sports cars there are many N/A ones. Many manufacturers of forced induction cars have optional N/A cars as well.

Even Audi who has turbo models, has more expensive N/A trims. Why is the RS4 N/A and not turbo? Why is the new R8 N/A not turbo. Audi makes turbo cars but there top model sports cars are N/A.

GTI comes in a 2.0 turbo trim but the higher end R32 is N/A.
You said turbos have it's down points but when you are spending that type of money, turbos have no down points. You also said most modern supercars are N/A and I was just proving that SOME supercars are N/A but not most. Let's not even start on Audi, besides the R8 their cars suck and so does the R32.

· Banned
6,167 Posts
yes, because the rs4 sucks right?
the rs6? trash too huh?
the tt? garbage.
the A8/S8/W12 all suck right?

im sure 99.9% of the people on 8th would take an MS3 over any of the cars i listed above....
The RS6 for 72 grand if not more you get a whopping 340hp and 305tq, LOL and the same for the RS4 for 66 grand. The audi TT uses the same lame motors the VW gti/gli and r32 use.

But wait here's a damn good deal for you. You can get the A8 with a V8 only producing 350 hp for 71 grand!!! Or the W12 for 120 grand producing 450 hp! For the S8 with 450 hp for 94 grand! Awesome deals! Not only that you get the awesome reliability of VW. YES!

Come on dude, I thought you were smarter than that.

· Banned
6,167 Posts
You wont buy an Audi not because its a waste of money, but because its doesn't suit your ricer aspirations.

some people have larger priorities than huge turbos on 2L hatchbacks.
Ohhhhhhhh good one, ricer aspirations... If I had 70 grand I would get a GT-R, fast, looks nice inside and out, nissans reliability. People that buy Audi's don't know what a bargin is because if they did they would be at a different dealership. Hell, I would get a MB before I looked at Audi's and I don't like MB either. Apparently, you don't know good taste in cars, that sucks for you.

1 - 19 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.