8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Premium Member
9,605 Posts
you'd trade you bimmer in for one...

I rather own a c6 z06 lol..... I dont want to start another c6 z06 vs gtr war...so lets drop topic there.
yup. in a heartbeat if i can find one for 70k. The way i see it (with baby on the way and all) i can trade the bimmer for that sexy beast (even trade at least) and then get rid of the wife's carolla for something that seats 7 and is affordable. win win. i work literally < 2miles from home so gas, maintenance, lunch etc has no negative effect on me :D

z06 is a great car but i don't like american cars except for "jeep". it has nothing to do with brands though. i just don't like the designs(exterior or interior) of any US automaker asside from jeep.

love jeep for it's form and function (ownership experience as well).

didn't even know there was a war going on between the 2.

· Premium Member
9,605 Posts
Great!! 8thcivic is going to hold you to this..

We all know u have the balls to do it..

i wanna see this...

:thumb:
it doesn't require balls though ... lol, it's just a trade.
same as car ----> SUV (Si to X5) now it's just the reverse i.e SUV ----> car but only now it's of similar value :thumb:

· Premium Member
9,605 Posts
Good specs and price but it's turbo-charged. Turbo does have it's drawbacks.

Most modern supercars I know are N/A

Even though BMW made a 335 turbo the M3 is still N/A. BMW opted for larger displacement engine and did not use turbo on a smaller engine. The 335 though drives well on the street it's not the case on the race track where it is plagued with heatsoak.

Even thogh Porsche make all turbo cars yet the GT3 RS is N/A

Mercedes has gone away from making Super charged engines across the board.

There are other issues related to drivability.

Just some things to note.
1. this turbo has no drawbacks according to the reviews.

2. the M3 = ///M and not soo much bmw ... the reason it's N/A is because it wears an ///M badge and everything they do is N/A.

· Premium Member
9,605 Posts
so what if it has more HP?
what's the big deal?

Domestics seem to just stuff large engines and huge hp numbers into their lack luster bodies and it's all good cuz it's at a cheap price.

then u get a gt-r with good looks(subjective), a lot of technology(fact), lots to love(fact) but is heavy(opinion) and because it's rumored to have more hp there's a problem?

i don't get it.

· Premium Member
9,605 Posts
He is just having a problem wondering how a 3800 lb car is smoking his poor little Z06. :hiding: Which really, if you think about it, doesn't make sense. It is heavy, that is a fact but so is the Veyron.

Heres why it is a problem

480hp at 3800lbs 0-60 in 3.3 (with barely any traction at all, give me some traction and I say it could be 3.1)
505hp at 3200lbs 0-60 in 3.5 seconds...

Explain to me how the hell that works out?
there obviously has to be much more to it than just power to weight ratios.

if u look at skylines from wayyyyyy back in the day they were ALWAYS exceptionally well at putting power to the ground.
that being said a 600lb difference isn't much when u consider the technological advances of today ie, the research that went into the aero dynamics of the car, the physics of putting the power to the ground, all the electronics that propel the car and control traction etc etc, placement of the engine and i can go on and on.

and it's only .2 seconds separate them.

even if the gtr had more power it would still be 600 lbs heavier and would still be considered the underdog on the weight to power ratio but then it would still perform better which means there's A LOT more to it than just that.

domestics haven't been known to be the best where technology is concerned in automaking. it's only recently with the vette and a few others that they have began to step fwd and make cars that go fast in a straight line and handle the track as well and be available in the mainstream.

So i don't see it that far fetched that a 600 lb heavier car especially the new coming of the "skyline gt-r" could be that good since nissan has been ahead of the game where that is concerned.

i'm no auto engineer but i do know strange thigs can happen when there's a lot a play.... like buildings that can sway as much a 1ft. in either direction or twist and not collapse.

all i can say is the numbers do not lie.
the chevy's been tested over and over and been out for a while and if those are the average numbers then so be it.
this is just one solid test so far. If the numbers continue to be that good then there's no disputing this.

so far
gtr ....... 1
z06 ...... 0

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.