8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 27 Posts

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
edmunds dont know their ass from a hole in the ground... They praised the BMW one series, miss qouted times on the GTO, told lies about the new STI, and by the time motortrend reviewed one series...they called it utter ****. They also drove the GTO a full second faster then them in the 1/4 and they told the truth about the new STI sucking compared to the old one and how its slower...unlike edmunds claims on video that its a faster better car then the old STI...

We'll see when motortrend and car and driver review it. Until then dont hold your BREATH

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
I look at it like Nissan does...
Luxury Classy sports cars
The turbo, r8, and GTR are meant to compete against eachother

Hardcore Sports cars
The carrera GT3, GT2, and the z06 are meant to compete against eachother

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
Aww.. Like I said, I don't know the stipulations on the Nurburring times. It's stupid IMO for them to even have official times if they are not all lapped the same. Every single official time should be from a stop with no traffic.

It's just that damn good, there's no other explanation for it.

Car competition is within the price. The GT3 nor the Z06 can touch the GT2, and that my friend is straight fact.
Nurburring times are meaningless in reality...but its great for developing a solid chasis. There is no set standard for times nor prep or traffic, weather conidtions etc...
maybe in the future they will be but then you would need one driver to make it completely equal. Top gear tries this with the stig. Even so certain people are more confortible in car setups then another person. It really comes down to driving everything and "finding" your personal favorite that fits your budget and needs. Everythin else as we know is fanboism

We are all guilty even me =)

the GT2 is god!!!! maybe thats why ferrari brought out the Scuderia and Lambo the SE...and corvette the soon to be crowned Zr-1

Amazing that porsche no matter what anyone claims sets the bar which all else is measured!

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
The Ferrair? lol Ferrari. Maybe but that GT2 is kickin' ass at the track right behind the CCR and the CGT. I think it might have beat the CCR actually. It's in a magazine somewhere.
problem with all these "turbo cars" is that they are illegal in the GT series outside Japan unless they are classified in the prototype racing division. In that case if you want to go race on a track NA is the only way to go and the real king of the porsche line is the GT3 RS

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
It's called the ZR-1
the zr-1 is in a differnt league its a full blooded hyper car...
650hp
direct injection twin screw intercooled mounted 6.2 all forged and titanium parts monster :eek:mg:
yes the zr-1 is the bad boy on the block..

anyways, the op hasnt responded yet to my posts I think he couldnt find any info at all to support his claim anywhere...interesting :laughing: I wonder why!

:popcorn:

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
Yeah, and I still say they should've used the 7 liter from the Z06, do you know why they didnt?(serious question, i'd like to know the answer)
They desighned the ls3 with direct injection already. That and the z06 engine is not known to handle boost well do to its high compression ratio. So its a cost and over all desighn thing. The zr-1 will blow everything away 650hp right under 100k, :popcorn:

anyways check out my GTR page...shows the real hp numbers of the GTR

· Premium Member
11,202 Posts
i watched the videos, but they look like they were edited by an 8 year old and doctored in the z06's favor. :laughing:

anyway, if you treat youtube street racing videos as fact, you will find that a s2000 is faster than a g35c, an rsx-s is faster than an s2000, and that an fa5 is faster than a rsx-s. does this mean that fa5>g35? prob not. (but some ricers may argue yes)

road and track 0-100 numbers for the z06 are 8.8 sec, turbo is 8.3. These are from a dig. that's all im sayin homes....:thumb:
ymm the charts and graphs from car and driver are there as well

1 - 16 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.