8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, ive had the eclipse avn 6610 for a while now and i just got around to buying the ipod interface adapter(ipc-106). i had a buddy of mine help with the installation but ran into some problems. can anyone give me some help as to how you installed it? im now having electrical problems with the car like the whole unit doesnt power on anymore, remote key doesnt lock/unlock/open trunk, interior lights dont light up when the door is open, sunroof has no power(and its forecasted to rain tomorrow). any help would be much appreciated...and also whats wrong with my car? maybe blown fuses? havent got around to checking them yet

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm guessing this isn't your problem, but I'll add it in the off-chance it is.... a co-worker's boyfriend installed a head unit in her impala. Immediately afterward she started having similar problems as you.

Fast forward a few months of dealing with it, she finally took it to the dealer. There was a bare wire in the door's wire harness that was grounding against metal.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Your friend may have accidentally left some of the power wire exposed. This could be grounding, and caused fuses to blow. Check the wiring, and then check ALL the fuses in the car.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks for the feedback guys. unfortunately, all the fuses are perfectly fine. im dropping it off at the dealership tomorrow so they can diagnose something hopefully. ill keep you guys updated on the news. thanks again

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
also, when we hooked up the ipod connector, the nav still worked but the ipod connector didnt. we tried a couple more things and each time the nav would power up but no ipod connection. then we put everything back to stock and the nav stopped working...

·
Registered
691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lol yea thats exactly what it was. backup fuse in the fuse box under the hood. its a red colored 10v fuse that i guess i missed when i was checking them. turns out it was like BARELY blown...only separated by like a hair line. but everythings good now and im gna take the SI to professionals who know what theyre doin. thanks again guys

1 - 12 of 12 Posts