8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my girl has a 06 4 door civic ex and she wants an intake...nothing fancy just something that will give her a nice growl and maybe a few ponies...are the ebay SRI any good? i was thinking of getting one and throwing a k&n filter on it and call it a day.

Thanks for your replies!

·
Si-Onara
5,874 Posts
basically what you are doing is buying a Knock off and if you get a good filter then you basically have the same thing as a big name Intake! However this will eventually lead to the demise of brand name companies that actually make the origional intakes

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
basically what you are doing is buying a Knock off and if you get a good filter then you basically have the same thing as a big name Intake! However this will eventually lead to the demise of brand name companies that actually make the origional intakes
so what i wanna do is a good idea then? lol and i geuss im looking to spend around $100...and i wouldnt mind the CAI im just scared of her sucking up water ...its just one less thing to worry about by having a SRI...where does the filter sit on the CAI?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea thats the reason i dont want one...im just going to get a SRI i just want to make sure the ones on ebay are not garbage

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ebay SRI is totally fine!
Because all you really want is the tubing / pipe. Replace the filter with a K&N like you said and call it a day.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts