8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

This is a picture off google image search. I didn't take a picture of my eBay projector opened up, but this is basically what the reflective "chrome" bowl looks like. Notice it is CHROME PAINT, not actual metal. They should look like more like this:

So, my point for this thread is not to hear retro fanatics say "just get retros" I'm trying to find something that could fit the shape of the inside of the reflector bowl that would reflect better. Yes, aluminum foil has been used and works, but that is only temporary. Someone please give some insightful ideas!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
are you planning to take apart the Ebay projectors and put a bowl that will last longer, and seal them back up? I did that with TSX projectors in Ebay housing worked well until the clearcoat on the plastic lens started to go. your better off using OEM bowls man if you want it to last. the Ebay painted chrome ones wont last with the head of HIDs.

·
Registered
8,329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm going to be using 5000k DDM 35W HID's in the housings. Just looked at the bowl and it's very reflective, and under the use of a 35W HID, there shouldn't be much heat compared to the bulbs that came with it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.