8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at these HID's from this seller. The price makes it very very tempting but people are talking me out of buying them because of that very same reason lol...

I'm not sure what brand they are but what makes me more leniant to them is because the guy offers a 1 year no questions asked warranty, he does have replacement parts if needed in the future, and he has every color temp and bulb size. Seems like a reasonable buy in my opinion for the money you are saving compared to the 200 dollar HID kits. I understand youre supposed to get a good brand and what not but this is very tempting...

eBay Motors: XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H1/H3/H4/H7/H11/9005/9006/9007 (item 320190852119 end time Dec-12-07 16:30:00 PST)

Does anyone know anything about this kit or the seller or have any insight about it? That would be very helpful and much appreciated!

·
Registered
95 Posts
i just bought a 9006 8k hid kit from ebay and it doesnt even fit right on my car and the harness that connects to stock is loose so it doesnt ignite. shipping cost more than the kit itself to send me to china. i basically got ****** for $120. dont do it man

·
Banned
3,234 Posts
i just bought a 9006 8k hid kit from ebay and it doesnt even fit right on my car and the harness that connects to stock is loose so it doesnt ignite. shipping cost more than the kit itself to send me to china. i basically got ****** for $120. dont do it man

Never ever buy international. ever. buy from someone that gives you a legitamate kit. its not hard. do research before you buy as well. odds are if it looks too good to be true, it probably is.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You get what you pay for. If your fortunate enough, you might be on the good end of the bargain, but alot of times, you may get screwed. If your willing to take the risk, go right ahead, but i would advise you to get something else. At least get it from someone with in the US, or what ever country you are from.
If your willing to spend a bit more, Try look at different forums here and there and check out their group buys. You'll save quite alot. I just bought a set of IIKDO HID kit from a group buy for 150 shipped. Its a bit more than the ebay set .not sure if you have heard of the brand, but so far i have no problems with it. Good luck on your decision.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So no one here has any insight on the Ebay HIDs I linked in my first post?

Im really leaning towards buying them unless someone can persuade me not to lol.. Bottom line is, I cant afford the really expensive ones, and these seem like a good deal and a pretty safe buy..

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
I've been looking at these HID's from this seller. The price makes it very very tempting but people are talking me out of buying them because of that very same reason lol...

I'm not sure what brand they are but what makes me more leniant to them is because the guy offers a 1 year no questions asked warranty, he does have replacement parts if needed in the future, and he has every color temp and bulb size. Seems like a reasonable buy in my opinion for the money you are saving compared to the 200 dollar HID kits. I understand youre supposed to get a good brand and what not but this is very tempting...

eBay Motors: XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H1/H3/H4/H7/H11/9005/9006/9007 (item 320190852119 end time Dec-12-07 16:30:00 PST)

Does anyone know anything about this kit or the seller or have any insight about it? That would be very helpful and much appreciated!

That is the same people i bought my hids from for my daily and my gf's fit and they work fine. I've had them in my dd for almost a year now with absolutly no problems. I say go for it

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
You get what you pay for. If your fortunate enough, you might be on the good end of the bargain, but alot of times, you may get screwed. If your willing to take the risk, go right ahead, but i would advise you to get something else. At least get it from someone with in the US, or what ever country you are from.
If your willing to spend a bit more, Try look at different forums here and there and check out their group buys. You'll save quite alot. I just bought a set of IIKDO HID kit from a group buy for 150 shipped. Its a bit more than the ebay set .not sure if you have heard of the brand, but so far i have no problems with it. Good luck on your decision.
You get what you pay for is not always true because i bought a set of hid's on Honda-tech from a sponsor which was suppose to be a great kit the company name is techone. I paid 210 for them shipped and one of my ballast took a **** on me in less then a year, and the ones i bought on ebay have been perfect.

·
Registered
442 Posts
So no one here has any insight on the Ebay HIDs I linked in my first post?

Im really leaning towards buying them unless someone can persuade me not to lol.. Bottom line is, I cant afford the really expensive ones, and these seem like a good deal and a pretty safe buy..

go for it. I bought an 6000K hid from this seller for my other ride and its been working for 1.5 years now without problems. goodluck! :thumb:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.