8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
haha, I know Ebay Exhaust:eek:hnoes:

We're looking for a new muffler for my girl's 06 EX. I got her an N1 style muffler about 2 years ago and its been on since. sounds pretty damn good for a $24 muffler. ( quiet and mellow and has a nice growl after 3k rpm)
Theres no way we're spending a shitload of money on a catback or full system. only looking for an axle back. ( if greddy made a T-I-C axle back that would be great!)

The N1 I got her and welded on has since become slightly rusty around the edges and the tip. I've been cleaning it with Ardex Metal Mania and it cleans up to a nice chrome again.
We're looking at a new muffler, maybe an axle back..

has anyone ever purchased and installed an axle back from ebay? if so, do you have pics and maybe even a video of how it sounds?

I have an eye on this one.
eBay Motors: 06 07 08 CIVIC AXLE BACK EXHAUST BOLT ON MUFFLER 2/4DR (item 280187465737 end time Jan-03-08 18:11:30 PST) (Dont mind those *** hood pins and shift knob, that ****'ll be thrown in the trash)

please post comments and opinions

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
haha, I know Ebay Exhaust:eek:hnoes:

We're looking for a new muffler for my girl's 06 EX. I got her an N1 style muffler about 2 years ago and its been on since. sounds pretty damn good for a $24 muffler. ( quiet and mellow and has a nice growl after 3k rpm)
Theres no way we're spending a shitload of money on a catback or full system. only looking for an axle back. ( if greddy made a T-I-C axle back that would be great!)

The N1 I got her and welded on has since become slightly rusty around the edges and the tip. I've been cleaning it with Ardex Metal Mania and it cleans up to a nice chrome again.
We're looking at a new muffler, maybe an axle back..

has anyone ever purchased and installed an axle back from ebay? if so, do you have pics and maybe even a video of how it sounds?

I have an eye on this one.
eBay Motors: 06 07 08 CIVIC AXLE BACK EXHAUST BOLT ON MUFFLER 2/4DR (item 280187465737 end time Jan-03-08 18:11:30 PST)

please post comments and opinions
pretty sure if you do axle back you will have to put the old axel forward part back on

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
pretty sure if you do axle back you will have to put the old axel forward part back on
of course...

everything from the axle forward is stock, as i said in the post.
ewww cheap ebay muffler.....
so we're suppose to go buy a 400 exhaust system?
no thanks..
we're not looking to add 10hp, she just wants a little growl (like we have now)

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
What's the point? You're just gonna get the same POS you already have on her car now.

Do it right and go buy a real axelback. Tanabe makes a great one and i beleive it's like $360. If you go cheap, you're just gonna get another rusting piece of garbage.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
What's the point? You're just gonna get the same POS you already have on her car now.

Do it right and go buy a real axelback. Tanabe makes a great one and i beleive it's like $360. If you go cheap, you're just gonna get another rusting piece of garbage.
Its not rusting out and its not garbage, still sounds the same and like i said its only slightly rusty around edges and the tip, once i use some polish on it then it shines back up for a few months.

theres no way we're spending $360 on an axleback. and we're not putting a full system on it, its too loud for our liking.
I spent $400 on a full exhaust on my car, longtube header, piping, everything. but im trying to make the most power I can.

If I were building this civic for power and racing it then ya I'd be spending 3-400 on an exhaust to make power.
We're only looking for a more agressive exhaust tone. Im not spending $360 on a muffler to just make a car louder lol

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hell, I say go for it if you don't mind crappy material. Plus you get free stickers, shift knob and hood pins. I personally wouldn't get it but I understand where you're coming from. :thumb:

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just get the hfp one from honda....
I dont think anyone understands what im saying.. We're not looking to spend $300 on a damn muffler to make the car go vroom vroom. lol

MAX $100

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
ewww cheap ebay muffler.....

A $300 coffee can is just as good a $30 coffee can :eek:hnoes:

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I've got the full cat back version. The muffler has a removable insert. It is just slightly louder than stock with the insert, from inside the car. I wanted even more sound reduction so I wrapped the insert with steel wool.

Good quality muffler/pipes and for the price I can afford to replace it in 5 years if needed and still have spent LESS money.

·
Registered
10,957 Posts
I dont think anyone understands what im saying.. We're not looking to spend $300 on a damn muffler to make the car go vroom vroom. lol

MAX $100

remove the muffler, start the car, if you like that sound. Visit a local muffler shop and they can weld up a nice pipe with a quality tip for around 100.00. Even cheaper if you want a less quality muffler tip.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've got the full cat back version. The muffler has a removable insert. It is just slightly louder than stock with the insert, from inside the car. I wanted even more sound reduction so I wrapped the insert with steel wool.
Good quality muffler/pipes and for the price I can afford to replace it in 5 years if needed and still have spent LESS money.
can you send me pictures of your car with the muffler on it?

remove the muffler, start the car, if you like that sound. Visit a local muffler shop and they can weld up a nice pipe with a quality tip for around 100.00. Even cheaper if you want a less quality muffler tip.
na not doing that. and if i really wanted to do that I wouldnt be spending $100 to have someone weld on a tip. I own a mig welder and im pretty good at welding.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts