8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered some Eagle F1 All season tires the other day, and they just arrived! I'm going to go and have them mounted here in a few minutes, but I thought I would post some pictures. I'm curious as to what everyone thinks about these tires! I hope they work out for me.

any thoughts? I didn't want to keep flipping tires between summer and winter, so I went for the middle ground. :thumb:

too bad I missed out on discounttiredirect's sale, though...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i would highly recomend a summer tire and winter tire setup rather than an all season setup. but from wha ti hear those are soem very good all season tires. the saftey of a good gripping summer tire and a good gripping snow tire is also worth it.

all season tires are alright during any season, but not great at anything. summer tires are good in warm weather, and of coarse snow tires are amazing in snow, once you use them you will not use anything else in bad weather.i

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
this was my second choice after bridgestone potenza re960 as pp.
from the review, the tire has a good performance specialy on dry and wet grip.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I decided on this over the bridgestone pole position RE960 (which was also originally my first choice) because it is now cheaper, and the tirerack rated this as a better tire. the other tire I was considering was the BFGoodrich G-Force SuperSport, but it was brand new, totally untested, and 20 bucks more per tire.
This tire is supposed to be an ultra high performance all season- I don't know where an UHP AS rates on a summer tire chart, but I'm sure it will be good enough for me. I don't plan on racing this car at the track, and I don't plan on street racing anyone.

So far the tires feel very good. I haven't gotten a chance to really bully them yet, but they are definitely better than my highly worn down Pilot MX H4s. :thumb: Puddles of water don't seem to effect them at all, either.

I'll write more information down here as I drive them.

·
Registered
563 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
i would highly recomend a summer tire and winter tire setup rather than an all season setup. but from wha ti hear those are soem very good all season tires. the saftey of a good gripping summer tire and a good gripping snow tire is also worth it.

all season tires are alright during any season, but not great at anything. summer tires are good in warm weather, and of coarse snow tires are amazing in snow, once you use them you will not use anything else in bad weather.i

I agree 100% I switch to graspics in the winter and no slippage what so ever.

·
Kansas Chainsaw Massacre
6,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice thread. From what I have felt so far,I totally agree with your assessment of this tire, and would recommend it to anyone who doesn't want to switch back and forth.

....maybe I should have purchased the new BFGoodrich G-Force Supersports since you already wrote a review, but hey. :biggrin:

·
Registered
243 Posts
Keep us posted. When I replace my Michelin's AS this seems like the best choice as I need an all season for light snow as well as dry. What did you pay for the Goodyears?

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
FTalento said:
Keep us posted. When I replace my Michelin's AS this seems like the best choice as I need an all season for light snow as well as dry. What did you pay for the Goodyears?
They were going for $124 per tire at TireRack in July. My friend here on the forum-ThePiper aka Tom, who works at Discount Tire, matched the prices and I got a heck of a deal from him. He said he would be interested in a group buy.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts