8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i heard from someone that Jeff @GOpower has been running e85 with success.

the fuel gauge still working correctly?

and that you used JB-weld...do you have a pic of what was welded? i am not familiar with the sender unit in the tank.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
What you can try doing is coating that little board with some type of ethanol proof epoxy or coating. Just make sure you don't coat where the float arm contacts the board (I was dumb and did this; my sender has been messed up).

·
Registered
6,283 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ahhhhh what am i looking at?!

i see a new one and a old one....where on the new one or old one was it e85 proof?

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
It's not e-85 proof in either. For the corroded one, you can see why it fails; the board gets corroded. So, you need to somehow coat that board with something that is ethanol proof.

You want to coat the board except for where the float arm contacts the board (I circled it in black). Also, the yellow wire will get corroded as well so it'll need to be coated. Even with this, I'm not sure how long it'll work. I actually messed mine up because I was stupid and coated the entire board (even where the arm contacts the board).

The best solution is to get one of the Brazilian Flex Fuel units. Hope this helps..

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts