8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

741 - 760 of 789 Posts

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
project fail...broke it shortly after pic was taken :rotfl:

went back to old method but be careful shet can be a headache to remove when getting on unit where cells are.. I was able to remove after getting it smothered tho..lol

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
did you solder the wire directly to the board? that is all i did and mine still works after 2 years. granted, there has been some time when my car wasn't running so it was stored for a couple months with about 1/2 a tank.

·
Registered
14,808 Posts
What!!!?? Are u saying we just need to solder those 2 wires I gooped up?? And are u saying that will revive all destroyed units as well?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Doing this helps make them last longer, but they still can go bad even with the connections soldered. I really doubt it would fix an already broken one.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
ffffffffarkkkkk. so mad right now... my sender went out today lol. just after talking about it... gah. ill be taking it out later this week. ill take pictures for you.

·
Registered
179 Posts
yea the car makes around 450 hp... but i only get 14 mpg on a k20z3, the gas sensor is messed up, the boost gauge is messed up, and i have to fill up almost every other day, doesnt make it any better that there are only 2-3 stations around my area with e85. not worth it. anyone want to buy a boosted fg houston area?

·
Banned
2,838 Posts
^^true..

Here are the 2 senders I sold w goop coating.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/zz329/texm3x/image_zps3a14510c.jpg

If you guys have issues rub pad where sender touches w small screwdriver and scrub off any coating that might be blocking surface areas.

B4 u just install turn ign key w sender unit out and hold on empty for 20 seconds make sure it reads and on full. It reads both then ur good to drop in tank.

Lmk if u guys need help and report the life span if u can?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

741 - 760 of 789 Posts
About this Discussion
788 Replies
117 Participants
0720Steve
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing