8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

621 - 640 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
I lol'd.

but didn't you soldier or do something to your sender board?
yea mines soldered...

i run mine to whenever i need gas. if i can stretch til tuesday and get a double coupon day i do that. if not, i fill whenever it gets to 3 or less bars. the station i use is near my house so it sometimes gets low before i fill. usually it will take a little over 10 gallons, which is pretty low since we have a 13 gal tank. the most ive ever had it take was 11 or 12 gallons.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Sorry if this is a noob question.
I'm getting more interested in switching to this E85 thing as the Shell gas station near my house has E85 available. I wanna know in case the fuel pump goes bad, id my car still drivable just with out the fuel gauge showing?
I have Kraftwerks Rotrex w/ ID1000cc injectors and DW65cc fuel pump? What else do I need?

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
Fuel sending unit has no effect on your car other than telling you how much gas is in the tank. Won't effect the cars ability to run at all. Your gonna need bigger injectors to run e85 with the KW kit at minimum.

·
Registered
711 Posts
You guys think I can get away with 630cc's and stock fuel pump for E85 and bolt-ons? I don't see why I would need a different fuel pump.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Sorry if this is a noob question.
I'm getting more interested in switching to this E85 thing as the Shell gas station near my house has E85 available. I wanna know in case the fuel pump goes bad, id my car still drivable just with out the fuel gauge showing?
I have Kraftwerks Rotrex w/ ID1000cc injectors and DW65cc fuel pump? What else do I need?
You will be fine for driving, mine took a crap about a month ago now. I just have to remember to reset trip to know how many miles I have used per tank. I soldered the wire to the board too, it only lasted about 2 1/2 months. U will need bigger injectors and a retune.

·
ಠ_ಠ
29,922 Posts
The power gains are substantial, but it will consume 30% more fuel. 10 cents less means you will be spending more in the long run to use e85 because you will need to fill up more often. If your looking at it strictly for performance its still worth it.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Just to say am on e85 now for 3 months now love the fuel but like most folks had fuel sender went out. Also using swift racing dual hanger and each time i fill up have 2 or so bars off. i replaced the sender seems fine so far.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
yea mines soldered...

i run mine to whenever i need gas. if i can stretch til tuesday and get a double coupon day i do that. if not, i fill whenever it gets to 3 or less bars. the station i use is near my house so it sometimes gets low before i fill. usually it will take a little over 10 gallons, which is pretty low since we have a 13 gal tank. the most ive ever had it take was 11 or 12 gallons.
Well, that seems to (literally) blow my theory out of the water. Maybe Minnesota has some magical non corrosive ethanol or something.

I wonder if it has to do with ethanol being mandatory at all pumps in most places in Minnesota (at least that's what I remember from my trips to the twin cities unless it has changed since then). Maybe they do some kind of pre-treatment due to that fact to keep pumps/tanks lasting longer? Or, maybe the ethanol hasn't had as much time to absorb water prior to reaching the pump since it's made locally and doesn't need to be transported as far?

I dunno, just some thoughts.

·
Registered
4,370 Posts
Well, that seems to (literally) blow my theory out of the water. Maybe Minnesota has some magical non corrosive ethanol or something.

I wonder if it has to do with ethanol being mandatory at all pumps in most places in Minnesota (at least that's what I remember from my trips to the twin cities unless it has changed since then). Maybe they do some kind of pre-treatment due to that fact to keep pumps/tanks lasting longer? Or, maybe the ethanol hasn't had as much time to absorb water prior to reaching the pump since it's made locally and doesn't need to be transported as far?

I dunno, just some thoughts.
yea we have 10 pct ethanol in all our gas unless noted. my car does sit for longer periods of time thou. out of the last 2 years its probably sat for 6-8 months or so.

·
Registered
711 Posts
I'm still baffled as to why some people's sender lasts longer than others. From what I'm seeing, the sender has quit anywhere from 2 days, to almost a year. Wat.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #632
yea, it's weird.

my sender last about 8 months of daily driving. my friend's sender only last one month.

·
Registered
499 Posts
I'm still baffled as to why some people's sender lasts longer than others. From what I'm seeing, the sender has quit anywhere from 2 days, to almost a year. Wat.
I am wondering the same is it just our cars electronic wise as mine goes out every month, my other friends with older civics never had any sender problems

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
You just solder the wires onto the board.

Also, there are coatings that you can coat the board with, but the contact part is still exposed.

621 - 640 of 789 Posts
About this Discussion
788 Replies
117 Participants
0720Steve
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing