8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
9,758 Posts
but with e85 you dont get quite the same gas mileage. i believe its 20% worse but the power you can extract is enormous and like the op showed. Cheap ass F.

·
VitTuned 4tw
13,661 Posts
I'm not sure how much Premium fuel is in your area, but if E85 was 1.70/gal hear, given the gas mileage losses... I'd be saving maybe... oh... $4-6 fill up. And then you have to deal with it eating your aluminum parts away (especially the fuel pump issue).

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah with flashpro you can but just as simple as that. you have to get injectors and modify your fuel pump and get a custom tune if I am not wrong.
it depends how much power you're making. I'm all motor and all i did was change my injectors. i'm still using the stock fuel pump.
but with e85 you dont get quite the same gas mileage. i believe its 20% worse but the power you can extract is enormous and like the op showed. Cheap ass F.
for gas mileage, it's about 30% worse. with E85, your car will drive a lot smoother and you'll get more HP out of your motor.
wow, i might switch even if im not boosted
boosted cars get the best out of E85. they'll gain like 50HP while n/a cars only gain around 10HP

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I'm not sure how much Premium fuel is in your area, but if E85 was 1.70/gal hear, given the gas mileage losses... I'd be saving maybe... oh... $4-6 fill up. And then you have to deal with it eating your aluminum parts away (especially the fuel pump issue).
from what i've seen here on 8th, all the peeps who had ran E85 are having the same fuel pump issue and also their fuel gauge doesn't read correctly. this usually occurs after a month of driving, from what they have mentioned.

i know it's still early to say, but i think it might have something to do with the walbro fuel pump. the other users have that fuel pump. i'm using the stock fuel pump. also my car is driven every single day; it never sits for more than a day.

as time progresses, any problems or news about my car on E85 will be reported.

·
VitTuned 4tw
13,661 Posts
Last time I checked the Walbro didn't have it's own level sender... that is on the fuel cage IIRC and I don't see what the fuel pump would have to do with the cage sitting in E85.

·
Registered
6,518 Posts
Last time I checked the Walbro didn't have it's own level sender... that is on the fuel cage IIRC and I don't see what the fuel pump would have to do with the cage sitting in E85.
You're right Vit. The sender sits in the fuel cage

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yeah, my daily driver is on E85. It does not have a problem with any of the aluminum parts on my fuel system. Going on 2 years strong...

Most all motor setups on here do not need a walbro.

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
The guy who tuned my WRX has his STI tuned to E85. He said it required larger injectors and gets crappy mileage overall but the power increase is worth it.

1 - 20 of 789 Posts
About this Discussion
788 Replies
117 Participants
0720Steve
8th Generation Honda Civic Forum
We’re a community for 8th Gen 2006 - 2011 Civic owners to discuss performance mods, body kits, Si models, turbo kits and accessories. Come Join the club!
Full Forum Listing